Is my head gone?

screamin2stroke

Feb 10, 2009
Jacksonville FL
a few months ago i was riding and and my engine pop and died out,i recently removed the top end and my piston is cracked and broken i have a pic of the cyl. head i wanna know if its damaged as well it looks pretty trashed..someone please hellp im new to all this Thanks alot!

pic? if the heads schreaded with pieces of piston, that may not be the end of your head. if you take it to a good shop, they could fix er up for you depending on the damage. lets see a pic, hopefully a good one so we can see.

Photo0106.jpg

Photo0107.jpg

oh dude, i highly doubt the piston did any damage to the porting. it may have scored the cyclinder and it would need the next bore up, maybe more depending on how deep. i thought u ment cylinder head. thats your jug/cylinder. heads exactly what it sounds like, the top where your spark plug goes through. hows the cylinder head look?

if ur heads fine just order ur piston and take it with you to get the cylinder bored and you should be fine! Dont forget new top end gaskets!

Your piston more then likely broke from too much piston to cylinder wall clearance. I have seen that happen several times.
Get a new piston and bore/hone job
I charge $50 for bore/hone
$85 for a wiseco piston kit
Feel free to PM

i would be more concerned about fixing your stage 6 stevie wonder port job than the seizure damage

thats why I like wiseco, they dont come apart. as for the reeds, replace them...carbon fiber will work slightly better than fiberglass (boysen) BUT the difference really isn't noticable to the avg person, but glass reeds will live longer than carbon fiber. before you start grinding on your cylinder with the dremel again, learn what you want to change, why you want to change etc.. sizes angles velocity and flow are all important.. 1 or 2 millimeters can make a huge difference for the better and for the worse. theres a lot wriiten and a lot of resources for 2 stroke knowledge, learn the basics then experiment and you will probably see some nice rewards, experiment with learning the basics and it will probably get expensive.

I can do the replacement petals for $55 for the VF's. I charge $45 for the bore/hone and port chamfering. I charge $90 for a new wiseco piston kit and can also do a nice cleanup on that portjob for $100. I agree that loose piston to bore clearance was likely the cause of the failure.