Is my clutch messed?

Daft Punk

May 3, 2009
Sudbury, Ontario
Alright, so on my other quad, If I put the clutch in.. I can move the bike. No matter what gear its in. With the blaster, I put the clutch in, and switch to 1st.. While keeping it in I try to move it and the tires lock up. Is this a clutch problem.. Or is that how it's supposed to be?

This is NOT normal... by pulling in the clutch you are releasing the pressure on the friction plates inside the clutch so your rear tires are not physically connected to the motor anymore and should turn without locking up....

I would check the clutch cable adjustment first.....if that looks good and is moving the lever going into the tranny.... then your next step is going into the clutch which will require a new gasket so order one now....

The lever coming out of the motor and connecting to the clutch cable should be pointing at the raised spot behind it on the case when your not holding the clutch handle. If it is not you probably need to adjust it in side the clutch cover. Which as stated requires the new seal and a bottle of oil. (don't forget the oil. I just put a forged basket in mine but I forgot to get oil so I had to wait till today to get oil an try it out)

OK... put in a new clutch today and had the same problem (pulling in the clutch and back wheels locked up) after I buttoned it back up... Here's how I fixed it....

I adjusted the push rod that is on the pressure plate out (made it longer) so push rod #2 is in contact (or very close) to push rod #1. If you have the service manual you will see the parts i'm talking about. Then I just adjusted my cable using the screw by the handle and i'm Good-To-Go.... I have pictures if you need them...