Is it worth it???

cruelsoul

May 8, 2011
Portage,Pennsylvania
Well I know alot of guys on here have put alot of cash into their blasters to make them pretty nice/bad ass etc. well heres a little problem I am having. I have a 2001 banshee it runs great has .040 over bore with raised 190 degree ports,vforce 2 reeds and cages,tors eliminator kit,full fmf pipes,new bearings,sprocket,chain,swing arm kit,k-n filter with outerwears airbox lid and a few little things, it runs great I never had a problem with it since I rebuilt it. I hate this thing cause its a gas hog for 1 for 2 I just ain't into that much anymore and I really do like my blasters I have a decent one now and would love to have a even nicer one well I threw my quad up for trade/sale other day and a kid brought to me a blaster with piles of extras I am talking a complete rebuilt .040 over 2001 with aftermarket a-arms,douglas wheels,nerf bars,nice bumper,durablue 2+2 axle,Works A-T Steeler DRS Front Shocks/Reservoirs,and a few other goodies and then a whole complete motor with a new crank,vitos 240 he said it has been trenched out,with a ricky stator, you can tell it's all rebuilt cause the engines very clean you can see the brand new gaskets and where they sealed up the engine when it was put back together all it needs is a little clip he said that goes where the kickstarter is, he ran maybe 1 tank through it before the clip went, well he also wants to give me 2 complete rollers a ton of stators,coils,a few carbs a aftermarket carb for the 240 he had a 95 ford f150 6 foot bed filled with boxes full of parts now do you think that this could be a good deal in my end? Heres pics of the banshee only thing different is I put new tires on it race cut front plastics and the bumper is gone.

Man I dont know I've had my blaster for a year and a half and all I gotta say is when there engines are maintained they rip but if not they run like sh*t. To be honest I'd rather have a banshee because I settled for a pretty decent blaster even though i like it so far like I said I dont know.
If it's a gas hog does it fly pretty good or is just above average for a shee??Is the off idle throttle responce pretty crisp?
I mean I only go the one way cause the new one I got is a $400-$700 money pit and the other I cant get spindles/parts for right now when I need them so........ just keep in mind you gotta build this thing and hope you did everything right, hope he dident lie, hope it runs, and think to yourself if you made the right call and that your happy with it.

I have rode it already, he drove 3 hours to come he really liked my banshee everyone who gets on it loves it even me thats where I am stuck at cause I know mine runs great and never had one problem with it engine wise since I rebuilt it I paid 400 for it blown up off a friend put about 500 or so into it to get her alive again, I am just figuring out what I should do I did digging on Ebay and his aftermarkets are pretty good so far in price.

That's a tough call right there :eek: Both have + -. If you have the extra room and don't mind the spares, almost sounds like you could build a spare quad. Value wise, about even IMO I:I

take it man, u can get 200 for just the extra frame he has, not to mention all the other parts stated, just make sure the carb is big enough for the 240, or make it a roller and sell it for 350-400 depending on ur area

Your first post you say you hate the banshee, then next post or two you say you love it. Maybe HQ has gotten to you!

Good luck in the descision!

I trade a lot and I always ask myself "what would mine bring if I sold it within the next 10 days?" and "what would I pay cash out of pocket for what I'm being offered?". And I go with whatever puts the most money in my pocket. The prices locally will get 3 pretty nice Blasters for 1 Banshee.

I can't give an honest opinion on this one. I learned how to ride quads on a Banshee and am forever in love with them. I'd trade my daily driver Chevy truck for a nice one. That's how bad I miss it.

BUT, I have a nicely-built Blaster (not a BBK), and I have to admit it is a lot of fun on the trails and handles better than all but the most tricked-out Banshee.

Tough call for sure.

Value-wise, it sounds like a very fair trade. If the Blaster is nice and you're looking for one, I'd do the trade. You can buy another Banshee later on, but it is hard to find a nicely-modded used Blaster. Most of them are stock or beaten-up. SO, if the Blasty is nice, jump on it! I can see a kickstarter clip breaking; they do that from time-to-time and that's obviously a pretty simple fix.

Damn, wish I would have seen that, I would trade my ct240 blaster with all the goodies and piles of extra's for that...

He already sold it, some guy came and took it right after the first ride and never even bothered to look at anything he liked it that much, now hes building his one blaster and he bought a nice 4 stroke for now to run.