Irratical idle & 1/4 throttle sputter

blasterbogger

Mar 10, 2010
Miami,Florida
Hey guys I can't seem to get my jetting right , I recently did a leak down test and the blaster Had no air leak . So here's the deal , when I crank the bike she idles at about 1 1/2 turns out (normal) . But she tends to be too rich on take off 1/4 throttle . So when I lean the air screw out to 1 3/4 and/or 2 turns the sputter weakens out a little , but when the clutch gets pulled in she tends to idle higher in the rpms ? Then drops after a few seconds but sometimes gets stuck in the high idle .... Can somone please help me with my jetting I'm really frustrated ! Thank you .

list your mods

is the cable good...lubed w/ no frays?
slide in correctly ?
32.5 pilot ?
needle on middle clip ?
cleaned to perfection with carb cleaner and compressed air blown thru all passages while completely disassembled ???
rubber gasket in the carb cap ??
oil injection inlet blocked off ??

float set to 20-21.5mm measured like this ???.............
(bend center tab slightly to adjust)

4785-float-height.jpg

sounds like an airscrew passage bloackage

Slide is in the right position , throttle cable is good , carb has 32.5 pilot, gasket is still in the carb , oil injection inlet is blocked off , I will check for float hight tomorrow , carb is clean , but wasn't dissasembaled completely witch I will do tomorrow.

Ohh yea here's my mods : Dune/drag port , Toomey b1 pipe , Vf3 reeds , stock carb! , K&N filter , Bored .040 over , shaved head . I know I need a bigger carb I need to buy a tors delete throttle cable for my 34mm pj.

Ohh yea here's my mods : Dune/drag port , Toomey b1 pipe , Vf3 reeds , stock carb! , K&N filter , Bored .040 over , shaved head . I know I need a bigger carb I need to buy a tors delete throttle cable for my 34mm pj.

it is possible, you may need a 35 pilot, although i've yet to see it needed on anything but the most heavily modded bbk,s

but..... quit F'in with this stock junk for your mods and get that 34mm pj fired up, thats what i run

Awk u think that's the problem , stock carb is restricting waayyy to much . And how do u like the 34mm pj?

yep, dump that little carb,
although the 34pj is sketchy to get to idle correct, i like it, it'll really awaken your beast !!!!