interchangeable Parts of Banshee

luvs2jeep

Jan 5, 2011
Mason, WV
I have a broken down banshee thought about using it for parts and was curious what parts off a Banshee will work on a blaster?

So I can use the front and rear brakes whats a 420 brake spindles?

Yuuuuuup. The front brakes,rotors, hubs will bolt right on with the Norman custom front spindles. The Banshee rear hubs will fit right on the Blaster axle and let you the Banshee rims. The Banshee axle can be installed on the Blaster to make the rear track wider. The rear brakes will work with some custom made brackets or you can use an 03+ carrier for an easy bolt on. You will have to mod or replace the foot brake to work.

How did you run that? The Banshee shock has linkage and the Blaster doesn't. Did you modify the swingarm for the Banshee linkage? Can you post pics? I have a Banshee shock right here and I wouldn't mind it going on the Blaster.

people also use 400ex and z400 rear shocks on the blasters, and those bikes use linkage.

But no you don't use the linkage, just bushings on the top to get rid of the slack.

yea i don't use the linkage, just have an extended swingarm, bushing in top and bottom to space it correctly. It works good and the stance is fine.
3.jpg

6.jpg

400ex airbox took a little bit of cutting to get it in but it does fit but you need an intermediate pipe to reach the carb i have a silicone coupler , shock is def not bent although in that pic it does look like it is but its just deceiving to the eye.

400ex airbox took a little bit of cutting to get it in but it does fit but you need an intermediate pipe to reach the carb i have a silicone coupler , shock is def not bent although in that pic it does look like it is but its just deceiving to the eye.

how good is it compaired to a cmf or f7 airbox and does it matter what year it comes off of ??