Intake Boot Size

EZRider76

Feb 23, 2012
WNY
I've looked around quite a bit and haven't found an answer. Does anyone know, or can anyone measure, the ID of the stock intake boot for the 26mm carb? I've had enough problems with my non-stock 28mm carburetor, I want to make sure I get the correct boot and I'm hoping I can use a stock boot.

A 28 should fit a stock boot.

I'm a Mechanical Engineer and we have a saying where I work, "In God We Trust, everyone else bring evidence!". It's not that I don't believe you, but I've had sooo many problems with this stupid carb. Check out my thread, "Throttle to Carb Issues"...finally got that resolved and now I noticed the intake boot is dry rotted and cracked.

I've looked around quite a bit and haven't found an answer. Does anyone know, or can anyone measure, the ID of the stock intake boot for the 26mm carb? I've had enough problems with my non-stock 28mm carburetor, I want to make sure I get the correct boot and I'm hoping I can use a stock boot.

Bumping for night time visibility...does anyone else know for sure??? Thanks.

there's been a few guys who have fit 34mm's into a stock boot with the help of a dremel tool

you'll be fine with the 28 into a stock boot

I know for a fact I'm usuing the stock boot on a 30mm carb. All it need was a lil heat to get it fit around. If the boot is cracked you might need a new one to prevent any further cracking and leaks.

there's been a few guys who have fit 34mm's into a stock boot with the help of a dremel tool

you'll be fine with the 28 into a stock boot

Ok, will have to go pick one up tomorrow I guess...then probably look into doing a leak down test in the near future. With everything else that I've found by chance, I'm expecting more at this point. :(

I know for a fact I'm usuing the stock boot on a 30mm carb. All it need was a lil heat to get it fit around. If the boot is cracked you might need a new one to prevent any further cracking and leaks.

Absolutely need a new one. The current one isn't cracked around where it clamps to the carb, it is cracked on the neck down to the flange, 3 or 4 inch long cracks. After I got the carb back on and fired up the machine, it ran for a couple minutes, then stalled itself out. A few minutes later, after a bunch of kicking, it fired up again for maybe 20 seconds, revved a little and stalled. Did that a few more times, thinking I wasn't setting the idle and cable tension right. Then I decided to check it out, thinking that maybe it was an air leak, and sure enough, found the cracks. X(

Yes the 28 is the same sized as the 26 mikuni in all but the throat dimensions. As long as it's a small bodied carb.