installed reed spacer...wont start

MaddMatt

Mar 3, 2012
andrson sc
sup peeps?...installed a vito's reed spacer last night and now the damn thing wont start?....did i pull a super squid and put the freakin reed cage in upside down? stock carb, fmf fatty, fmf q SA, 260 main

there is no up/down direction on a reed cage
have you leakdown tested the new intake pieces/gaskets ?
change the plug, they can foul instantly,
check for fuel and spark, maybe a stuck float ??
is the plug wet after trying to start it ???

if there is no tension on the throttle then it sounds like the carb slide is closed.

you had to reassemble the carb/cap wrong ?
pull it and see if you have the slide in correct,
groove on slide matched to pin in carb body
reinstall the cap and look into back of carb while actauting the throttle to verify slide movement, if not...broken cable ???

yea the cap sounds about right....i've only taken apart 1 carb in my life so im kinda dumbfounded when it comes to that stuff....but i get what your sayin.....thats more then likely the problem....thanx guys...let ya know if i get it right

I just rebuilt a blaster engine with a carb that the guide for the slide had some how loosened up and didnt keep the slide straight in the bore which allowed the carb slide to twist.

thanx everyone....i had the slide turned the wrong way, so yea i feel like a dumbass....it just dont run right with the spacer for some reason. it will haul ass till about 3/4 throttle and bogs down (im thinkin i need a bigger jet, im running 260 main and no airbox lid)....took the spacer off for now so we'll see what it does with a bigger jet...thanx again

A #260 seems a tad small, unless you have a DG pipe.

Most aftermarket pipes with the air box lid off, usually start in the region of #270 - #280.