Ignition switch is gone

Adamadm555666

Nov 19, 2012
St.louis mo
I have a 1998 blaater and the kid I got it from didn't know crap about what he was doing. Therefore, my ignition switch is missing and I was wondering how many and what color the wires are? im pretty sure its just two wires. Also, if I can just splice them together and run it without getting a new switch? Thank for the help in advance!

Bruce has it covered! You'll hook a new switch (if you even want to put one back in) to the solid black wire, and to the solid black wire with a white stripe. If you just leave these wires loose, the Blaster will run just fine with no switch. Hook the two wires together, and the ignition will shut off.

Just FYI: If you don't want to run a key switch, you can install a tether kill switch or toggle kill switch between these two wires. Or, just tape them up out of the way and use the handlebar kill switch.

Oh ok! Yeah the wires are unhooked so I'll just keep me this way. Thank a lot! Another thing while I'm on here, my engine is off the frame n it won't shift through all the gears. I can turn the sprocket a few times or whatever and it'll shift 3 times. Any ideas?