idk if anyone cares but..

yes se-r

Aug 6, 2009
Long Island, NY
..bought a honda xr80 off craigslist the other day..planned on rejuvinating it. Do some maintenance and a little cosmetic overhaul. anyways, here are some pics

When i first picked it up:
0520001403.jpg

then two days later after getting it running and having some fun, i decided it was time to gut it.
0523001812.jpg

then i brought most of the stuff to work and degreased it/powerwashed everything.
0524001218.jpg

not too long after i used the sandblaster, and got all the crappy paint and rust off of everything (dont worry i taped and used seals for everything lol)
0524001707.jpg

close up of the engine
0524001707a.jpg

today i did some painting, engine in matte black flame proof paint:
0525001228a.jpg

im doing a monster color scheme, black and green, so here is one of the few green parts, the swingarm:
0525001228.jpg

and just a few of the other things i painted with truck bedliner
0525001229.jpg

thats it so far, let me know what you think

thanks bro's. i ordered new black handlebars, green grips, a fox bar pad, black front and rear fenders and im looking to get a uni filter and smaller sprocket. this thing needs more balls off the line

yea its an 83 lol. my trikes an 84 and the d-bike is an 83..its impossible to find parts for it though i might just clean it up and stuff and try and sell it, use the money to get something a little newer

looks good man,im a fan of matte black on alotta things....but the best part is the screw driver kickstand holding ur engine up..lol

haha yeah i didnt wanna smudge the paint, so i threw a screwdriver jammed it into the cardboard the motors on and used the exhaust stud to balance it. worked good lol