ideas anyone?

ringoflowers

Aug 26, 2011
oakland, tn
ok on my last post my piston in my 94 froze up and i got some really good ideas given to me. i took one of them and went with it. i just ordered from vito's a superstock piston kit the 67.50 .060 i figured since i had my bike taken completely apart i am painting the frame and plastics. putting new tires on it. but now i need some ideas for what kind of reeds, if needed, should i get. and should i do anything with the carb. and i have my eye on a fmf pipe right now which i think im fixin to get off ebay. but like i said on the last post im not racing the blaster just wanting the best performance when im out riding and my wallet is tight so im lookin for the best prices. what do yall think?

Couple cheap mods you can do while the engine is apart is the timing plate mod (free) and get the head shaved (like 30-40 at a machine shop). Both awesome mods. Also go with boysen reeds if your on a budget and really want reeds. Keep the stockers as a backup.

most anything mentioned above is searchable on here with a diy at the end of that search, or check the diy section, the timing mod is prolly stickied
i got a question though....how did you know what piston to order ????

We've got Vito's duel stage reeds on both the Banshee and Blasturd totally satisfied with them. X-2 on timing plate mod, also check DIY porting sticky, Well worth the effort for budget build. Best to do befor bore.

Heres a link for the timing plate mod. Vid was done on a banshee, the only difference is the plate is shaped a little different. Same location, same stuff gets removed to get to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ awk08, I measured the bore before I made a decision. It was still stock size. So I just went up a little bit. And I have been talking with Fletchers cycle in memphis, that's who is doing the work on the top end. And @ the rest thanks for the great ideas. And sparky that's a very good idea I'm going to try it if I have any questions I will be messaging you.