I Think I Lost My Power Any One Help Me Find It

hillbillywv

Jul 3, 2010
ok so i bought this blaster a about 3 weeks ago and i gotta god deal on it i think haha i got ($300) in it lol but i done alot of fixn up mainly with paint...but any ways when i got this it had a horrible miss i mean awful so i fund pilot jet was clogged cleaned it out never i see my pilot jets a 30... thats below stock size so i put the new jet in 32.5 and put a new 52 tooth cog on the back and new bearings front and rear so now i allmost got it half right a lil miss in 1st gear i think just a lil ajusting needed but i feel like it dont have the power that it should i mean it runs good and every thing but i think it should have a little more power then it does my mains a 320 idk if the motors workd or not it has v-force reeds and fmf fatty and new head gasket i can see it was shinny but des any one know why i would be slacking on power? Help me lol

wow a 52 cog on the back, what size cog is on the front. The cog is the sprocket right????LOL

I have 14 front and 40 rear...

that thing should be a wheelie machine with a 52 rear sprocket, and that 320 sounds a little big for an fmf pipe, they usually run 270 - 290's with them,
but "plug chop" to be sure < search for it
i'd also check compression, reeds, float level, throw a new plug in,
and for airleaks

lol it doent take much but see thats why i posted it feels like it should have more power with that big of a sprocket but it dont idk whats wrong with it maybe not enough air? and i thought about buying a 290 and 280 and see wat runs the best

well i dont the leak down test with wd-40 and i felt the reeds today and lkd at them while i had the carb off they lookd and felt fine not to stiff at all

check to be sure the reeds are sealing

i'm guessing its running reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly fat (rich)

no not relly thats what i didnt under stand it ant running rich at all as far as i can tell dosnt smoke that much only what u would expect from a 2 stroke dent bog when u get on it just seems that it lacking power doent feel like nothin stuck idk ....and the air filter looks almst brand new

i have noticed a lil oil seeping around the cover on that side would that seal being bad cause this and if so would i loose power because of it?

yes sir, that oil that's leaking is actually gas/oil coming from inside the motor, and causing an airleak

so yes

thats a nice lookin bike man, the 52 rear seems a bit much, that thing could prolly pull a tree down with that, you are loosing a lot of top end speed with that. the ratio front to be is close to 3-1. for every one tooth you go up in the front, is like going down 3 in the back. smaller rear sprockets preoduce higher speeds but not as much low end, i don't know if you intended this or not, but it must be a beast for whealies