i need help

bagds101

Jul 6, 2010
tucson az
today i went riding. well this is the 3rd ride since i broke in my top end. i limped my quad up to the gas station to air up my tires, started my quad back up, stopped at a stop sign, let out the clutch and tick tick tick tick... sounded like a deisel. i pulled in my clutch and killed it. i had a neighbor tow me home and now i have to pull my top end apart to see what happened. psi is still at 138 and 0 air leaks. i was running 100:1 with amsoil sabre and i know my jetting is rich. i installed a wiseco piston, and wiseco gasket set. i will pull my top end apart tomorrow and see if i can find anything out.

good luck with that 100:1 amsoil bullshit, let us know what ya find

Awe bags come on, why in the world would you mix 100:1? Go get some Super M and get back to basics!

i was running super m. i still have a bottle. i run amsoil cause i wanted to try something different. and i have been running amsoil at 100:1 for the last 6 months or so. absolutely no problems. until now that is. i tried running even 75:1 with that amsoil and it just kept fowling plugs. i would have to replace them every ride. even if i just went down the street. but i will pull my top end off today hopefully, assess the damage and hopefully i didnt screw anything up. i shut it off as soon as i heard the noise and it still starts and has good compression but i aint going to start it until i find something out. then i will go from there. i will let you guys know what i find.

well.................. f*ck vforce. screw fell out and now is lodged in my cylinder head. i cant get the screw out. there is no scarring on my cylinder, but the top of my piston has a pretty big gash in it and the screw is still in my head. i even had locktite on the screws. this is my 3rd ride and now i cant ride until i get some more cash.

yup. thats the good news. no gouges or scarring. but i cant post pics on here from my phone. i can send them to someone through text if someone else wants to post them for me

man, that's terrible. at least it wasn't damaged worse than that. so the screw is buried in the head now though? what type of thread locker did you use on the screws? makes me kind of worried about mine now.

i used blue locktite. ken o`connor said to use the red. but i dont have red. i only have blue so i used it. and i got the screw out. sucks balls though. i cant ride for a while.

gonna have to recheck mine then. not sure if it was blue or red. sucks for sure dude

Belray HR1...it's spendy....but hands down is the best two-stroke oil 32:1. But blue threadlocker should have been fine for reeds/cage. Are you sure they were all torqued correct.

yes they were torqued correctly. i torqued them as much as i could with my screwdriver. i used the good ole hand torque. but hell yeah. im pretty bummed out. i want to cry.

isnt that why they stoped making the vf2 because the pistion kept eating the screws???
that sucks to hear if you need a head i got an extra i would sell to you cheap when it comes time to do so hope ya get up and runing soon

that does suck man truly sorry about that but is there really a problem with the vforce2's?

I've had v2s in my banshee for a long time now with no problems. to tight could have stripped the cage put another screw in that hole and see if it's ok, blue loctite should have been fine but red is stronger and more resistant to heat.

i will get the red and redo all of my screws again with the red. but i think ken oconnor has another head he is going to send me. if not hudack i will pm you. but yeah i am pretty bummed. i am thinking of selling my extra roller to pay for parts i need.