I need craigslist help!!!! Please!!!!

BlasterMaster15

Jan 23, 2011
New jersey
ok guys im freaking out here i really need somebody to tell me what to do. i sold my dj system on craigslist to some guy and he picked it up from my house. i showed him that everything works, he gave me the money and i shook his hand and said pleasure doing business with you and expected it would be done. now hes texting me saying that something is not working and its my fault and i either fix it or give him his money back. the deal is done but im scared this guy might come back to my house or something what should i do???

Anytime I sell anything on Craigslist I never give anyone my home address. We meet in a common spot. Not that I'm trying to cheat anyone, but you never know what kind of wierdos are out there.

Last edited:
yah, i only meet people at my hosue if we are say selling a quad or sumthing, the guy i bought my balster from is lucky he didn't meet us at his house cause he sold me a messed up blaster, and lied about it, haha

Craigslist is a dangerous game , I've always had good experiences with it , but a guy I know was killed by some scumbags that all started from a ad he put on craigslist to sell some jewelry . Just a sad outcome , fortunatly the people responsible have been caught and are being dealt with , doesn't bring back jim though . As is means as is , he saw it work , then probably screwed something up and wants a easy out . Tell him you've called the police and given them his contact information and to not bother you again .

I also have had really good luck with craigslist had them meet at my house multiple times nothin bad. Went to probably 100 craigslist adds and been all good. I always have my guard up, had a guy come to my house to sell a bike off craigslist but most people dont get to worried when a kid talks to you about buying something lol.

at blastard sorry to hear that.

well your not walmart :) he purchesed a used electronics off the internet once cash exchanges hands thats his problem. he should of hooked up up and made sure it worked. he now has some expensive papers weights. :) if he keeps bothering you call the cops and file charges. if he comes to your house shoot him and put a knife in his hands hahahahahaha :)

Reactions: BlasterMaster15
any time i sell a vehicle or something on CL i always have AS IS on the bill of sale somewhere. i never sell anything i wouldn't feel comfortable using/keeping for myself, its bad karma to sell a timebomb

that being said, i wouldn't be too worried about it.

if it worked when you sold it its not your problem. if he keeps bothering you or comes to your house ..........
KICK HIM IN THE GOOCH !!!!!!

i fixed this for you /\/\/\/\

a lot of times guys find a better deal and just wanna re-nig on the deal, fug him, it's his nproblem now, even the auto parts store give no warranty on electrical items, he fried it, now he gets to live with it

Anytime I sell anything on Craigslist I never give anyone my home address. We meet in a common spot. Not that I'm trying to cheat anyone, but you never know what kind of wierdos are out there.

I do the same thing so that way they cant get a head start on their own personal christmas list. If there was no contract I'd be thinking he's sol but if he dosent know how to work it cause he's an idiot tell him how and let it be the end of it and let there be silence I'm mean what else can you do for em

As Is Bill of Sale is the way to go. Anytime I sell ANYTHING and collect money I will write up a bill of sale, even if it is just on a piece of paper with both parties sig's. This will not only protect you in the even of a court battle but it also lets the guy/girl know and better understand that once the deal is done its DONE. Also I would never let anyone come to my house to see anything. A past girlfriend had a guy come out to look at an old oak/granite coffee table and her apt was broke into the very next day, they had to climb 3 stories and break into the balcony door, cleaned every piece of electronics out of the house, and I mean down to the toaster! When I sell things I usually meet people at a Quick Trip (gas station) that is directly across from the police station, over thinking it? maybe but I have had a guy that test rode a bike and try to ride it off to an awaiting truck, when he didnt return his "buddy" went to go look for him to see if he wrecked, I'll be damned if I didnt get in my truck and follow-idiot let me right to him.