i might be getting 2 yamaha blasters. I need your opinion!

so here is the 2000 blaster... he sent me pictures it looks just like my old one minus the broken fender, but I can deal with that. What do you think?

haha that banshee looks nice... thats what he got in another trade and is currently getting parts to fix it... the kids got a used car lot of toys... lol but i got my eye one the prize (that 2000 blaster)!

yea dude check it out but u should deff get your hands on a compression test and when u go there test it. u wanna make sure its really wat its supposed to be. so i say go ahead but make sure its reallly worth it. and besides ur trading a ps3 dude. lol i ggot mines for a laptop lol. so go ahead!!!! and keep me posted

i dont have a compression tester :( unfortunatley.. I'm going on a limb there... but I still am not going to get my hopes up because the kid said apparently that guys coming to check it out still... and then he said he could hold it for a fee because he lives in maine (where I am originally from) but I cant get home not this weekend coming up but the next... and he doesnt want to meet halfway or anything so I gotta drive like 8 hours round trip but atleast I get to see my family... We'll see though if the other guy buys it or not first...

Man, there's a TON of good deals on Blasters on CL right now. I've been searching for a few weeks until I picked mine up the other day... I was doing the same, searching Maine, NH, Mass and Rhode Island.... I don't know what your price range is, but there's definitely a ton of them out there.... and if you find one you like close by to me, Souther Maine/ Seacoast NH area, let me know, and I can check it out for you and test compression, etc... just to save you the drive! Good luck in your search!

the one i want is in oxford maine if you look maine craigslist it should be the first one that pops up under the barter section... just match the pictures to the ones i have posted in this thread... he has made several listings for all his toys... he said he would meet me in york beach, maine where my dad still lives... my mom lives in falmouth... york is like a 3 hour drive from my house in killington, vermont... its just that I am suppose to look at a house that my wife and i have currently put a bid on to purchase this weekend coming up, with her parents because they havent seen it yet... but the next weekend after (if he hasn't sold it yet) I will be making the drive to york, staying with my dad for the night and then meeting him there to do the trade... I dont really have cash thats the thing, I am selling stuff i have around the house/ trading for it hopefully... he wants my playstation 3 (12 games 2 controllers with rockband) and some paintball stuff... because all my money is tied up into buying this house.

Yeah. I hear ya... I saw the listing on Craigslist. I live in South Berwick... just 2 towns over from York Beach, and my wife was born and raised in York Beach. Her parents still live there off of Ridge Rd. I could call the guy and tell him I'm interested, and swing by and look for ya and take some pictures... just to get some real "eyes on". Let me know, as I'm over there once or twice a week.

hey man i know its your wife but you have to let her know a man has to have his toys.
think of something that she likes to buy and put your foot down haha jk

hey man i know its your wife but you have to let her know a man has to have his toys.

Ha! I wish it were that easy! You're not married, are ya??? If I even TRIED that with my wife, I guarantee this would be my last post!

lol no problem... My dad lives off of Southside Drive in York... right near the country club.. My mom still lives is Falmouth... I know a girl from Berwick... Small world!

all she buys is groceries and cleaning supplies... I just read this post to her and she said "since you get your last 4 wheeler dont I get to have a baby? That will keep me occupied"... I'm doomed! j/k we are planning on trying in a couple months.

the guy that has the blasters decided to trade one of his old honda odyesseys for a playstation 3 with games... so he no longer wants to trade my playstation set up.... but he does however wants to trade his 96 blaster for 7 out of my 12 games for my ps3... So good news is I get to keep my ps3 and only have to get rid of a few games ( i get to keep my favorites so thats cool... I am just not sure if it will be worth it in the end... I know you guys told me that the 96' looks like a pile of garbage but he put it all back together and sent me pictures of it with the plastics on it etc... he is still looking for the seat and nose cone, but since the pictures he has found the grips throttle, brake cable etc.. I just dont know if its worth it.. he said i need to get the stator, wiring harness, rings, coil, and crank bearings.. There might be more small misc. parts too but hes calling me back later tonight. New updated pics:

Do you still think its junk and ugly as sin, and should wait for a better one to come along... or do you think its worth the trade?

man thats tough....that little sh*t is what kills you, i have around 200-300 bucks in just little odds and ends stuff for mine

if you guys all vote this one as a no.... some guy just emailed me (local.. well lives an hour south of me but is in the state of vermont as ooposed this guy in maine).. here is the craigslist info:

2001 Yamaha Blaster.
needs piston, ring, and rear brake pad.
extras included, email for pics and details
500 obo or trades

(he emailed me about trading straight up for my ps3 setup... I am waiting for pictures but it sounds like it might be a better deal because its newer and 2 hours closer to me! I will keep you posted when I get the pictures.