I Fount a frog

TacticalRedneck

Mar 10, 2012
KY
plus.google.com
Ok,

Taking off my carb, i saw 4 bolts with a rubber thingy and a circle thingy that help the carb on. I took off the clamp, pulled the carb off, and there is some sort of electric wire thingy on this top box thingy, along with a control to the throttle.
I:I
Now i was wondering.. how do i get all this stuff off.... I see a few places i could stick a wrench, but nothing looked to easy, so i took a picture of a frog that just showed up.. it wasn't there before... i'm sure....

i'll try and get the pics in a sec

Ok,

what im talking about here is this....

There is a pic of my carb... all i need to do is get it off so i can soak it... it was dumping loads of fuel into my engine..... Enough so i lost about a gallon out my exhaust pipe.. hole..

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20120522_144923.jpg
    IMG_20120522_144923.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 263
  • smaaa.jpg
    smaaa.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 289
Get one of these Clymer Yamaha Blaster 1988-2005 and tell me (us) what page the thingy is on and I (we) can help 8-|
Does it look like this?:eek:
Google Image Result for http://www.tropical-rainforest-animals.com/image-files/poison-dart-frog.jpg

Ha.. i've bought one of those before...

Ok, let me restate my question now that all the gas is off me..

I have taken off my carb on my 2001 yamaha blaster. Now, i am faced with 2 problems whilst attempting to take it all the way off.

1) There is a throttle line going into it, it looks as if it can be removed if i take a wrench to where it hooks up... i think

2) There are electrical wires leading into it.. i forgot how because i havn't seen it for a while.

Now both of these lines are connected to the top half of the carb... there is a place in the middle (see pic) where it looks like i could stick a 17mm wrench and turn till it comes apart, rather than take off the throttle and electric seperate.

If i seem unclear its because i am.. and im tired.. 8-|B)

Ha.. i've bought one of those before...

Ok, let me restate my question now that all the gas is off me..

I have taken off my carb on my 2001 yamaha blaster. Now, i am faced with 2 problems whilst attempting to take it all the way off.

1) There is a throttle line going into it, it looks as if it can be removed if i take a wrench to where it hooks up... i think

2) There are electrical wires leading into it.. i forgot how because i havn't seen it for a while.

Now both of these lines are connected to the top half of the carb... there is a place in the middle (see pic) where it looks like i could stick a 17mm wrench and turn till it comes apart, rather than take off the throttle and electric seperate.

If i seem unclear its because i am.. and im tired.. 8-|B)

Get a little sleep, it may be beneficial to all!

If your trying to get the Carb completely off the bike you just need to unscrew that cap right underneath where you want to unscrew that nut. And you should be able to unplug the wire going to the tors unit. Just trace it back and find the plug

If you look at the big TORS system on top, and you see all those screws on the side. If you unscrew those, it will pop off allowing access to the inside, that's where the other end of your throttle cable will be.

Hope that answered part of your question?

If you look at the big TORS system on top, and you see all those screws on the side. If you unscrew those, it will pop off allowing access to the inside, that's where the other end of your throttle cable will be.

Hope that answered part of your question?

good answer I:I

Now what about those wires?

wait.. i'm going outside now... ill get back to youins if i have any more problems. I:I

T.O.R.S. Removal

I didn't have a Blaster Forum thread bookmarked but there's a walk through for removal.

You can remove TORS with out taking out that giant box on top of the carb. That's how mine is ran right now. But i will be getting a cap after i rebuild mine. And i suggest you get a cap soon if you plan on doing this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unthread the large round cap, about 2" dia, should be a keeper lock on it. At least disable the tors while you are working on it. Pre 03 unplug "brain box" in front, post 03 search a little, have to splice two wires.