I found a small spring in my engine?!!? What is it?? Also my quad keeps shifting out of 1st and 2nd

88Blaster_

Sep 26, 2016
20170226_183432.jpg 20170226_183445.jpg
I found this in my engine and I have no idea where it came from, looks like a small spring. also I took it apart because it kept shifting out of 1st and 2nd gear. What can be wrong all the gears look fine and everything looks good. I don't know ehats wrong. Its a 1988 blaster. Any help will.be appreciated, thank you!

The only spring like that on a blaster that I know of is in the kicker, it holds the ball bearing that holds the kicker in place against the engine.

Does your kicker flop out while riding ?

It's possible someone had that apart before and the spring/ball fell out of the kicker and into the clutch cover area while it was off ?

No
The only spring like that on a blaster that I know of is in the kicker, it holds the ball bearing that holds the kicker in place against the engine.

Does your kicker flop out while riding ?

It's possible someone had that apart before and the spring/ball fell out of the kicker and into the clutch cover area while it was off ?
No but after I kick start it I have to use my foot or hand to move it back in place. But then when I'm riding it it stays againat the engine. But that sting wouldn't do anything to make it shift out of gear right?

It's a ratchet 's ball spring. Holds the socket retaining ball out so the socket doesn't fall off. Make sure the ball is not in your clutch sides case. The are very hard and would do damage to the gears or case

It's a ratchet 's ball spring. Holds the socket retaining ball out so the socket doesn't fall off. Make sure the ball is not in your clutch sides case. The are very hard and would do damage to the gears or case
Where would this be so I can check.it and would it make my quad shift bad like I explained?

No but
Where would this be so I can check.it and would it make my quad shift bad like I explained?
that sounds like the gear selector detent is worn out or more possibly retainer bolt is loose. Shift fork maybe damaged ( bent).

Sorry so it was in the trans cavity then below the shift forks, I split the cases
It's very possible that someone had the oil filler cap open and the spring fell into the open hole then the small spring rolled into the oiling passages into the trans cavity

It's very possible that someone had the oil filler cap open and the spring fell into the open hole then the small spring rolled into the oiling passages into the trans cavity
Thats true but I have never even seen a spring that small so Idk