How To Shave Your Fenders (ATV)

I used a ban saw to cut the shape, masking tape for a straight line razor blades to scrape off the jaged edges, and sandpaper on a woodblock to keep the edges straight and smouth and primed/sanded it for paint. Took me about 4 or 5 hours to get it how I wanted it or a weekend job. If you work on it most of the time.I:I:D

heres mine after i cut them but not cleaned up in the picture
neb0ac.jpg

haha thanks i thought about how a few cuts here and there could turn blaster fenders into a knock off yfz or raptor lookin fender so i gave it a shot. it turned out pretty good but i still need to clean em up a lil bit

Yea let me see some pics. Maybe I'll keep the plastics or if I would cut them down to real race plastics someone would buy them.

race fenders kinda just boil down to personal prefference. to give your bike a more sporty look obviously. the pictures that have been posted already kinda represent race fenders. some people cut their fenders down so that they are really short like a few inches wide so that they stop right at the top of the rise in the fenders. go for what you think looks best and be creative. start with tape. i cant even explain how much tape saved my ass because if i just went in there cuttin my fenders would look nothing like they do right now.

was looking for a "shaved fender" post that had pics of everyones shaved fenders. this was the one of the few that had pics of different shaved fender. I used a construction grade razor with a handle to cut these. then sanded the edges with 100 grit sand paper wrapped around a wood block. when sanding make sure your strokes are the entire length of the line youre sanding.