How To Remove Your TORS (88-02 models)

How come this isn't stickied? I'm doing it when I get home. My tors system seems to pop up all the damn time and cut my fuel. Scares the crap out of me every time too, always think I broke it. This is really helpful. If you buy a kit you have to drill a hole in the carb so it will idle I think and that kinda worries me. This is a much better idea.

i might buy a 99 blaster that has a tors. can i just put my spare carb with my twist throttle cable on it in stead of unplugging all that? or do i need to do both?

i know this is an old topic but recently i bought a 2000 blaster with 240 kit, ported head, vforce reeds, k&n filter and answer bars, and i have had nothing but idling prob lems with it. i changed everything including the jets. well the guy i got it from disconnected the tors and he forgot to unhook it from the throttle and box. well last night i unhooked it and bang. it idles

thanks for the write up! ill do this tomorrow, im in the process of rewiring mine and have removed alot of usless wires in the process, just more scrap to rip off the bike

thanks man i thought i was screwed the were going to charge me 180 dollars for that part...much thnx for this post

There is a blanked off screw thread in the side of the 04 carb for the idle screw to go into the ramp is still on the slider. does anyone know which screw I would need to get to fit one into my carb?
the previous owner removed tors and the tickover is adjusted on the throttle cable, I just dont like doing it this way

its in the cdi box. waht you do is cut and splice together the wires leading fron the cdi to your throttle. then do the same thing to the wires heading to the carb.

so u twist the black wire with the yellow and black wire together ?and how about the ones from the cdi ? leave them connected to the cdi