How to remove carb needle, help please!!

Whitty21

Apr 15, 2010
Small town, ON, Canada
Got a dynojet kit cause i am runnin lean, i am tryin to change the needle but i cant get to it. There is a spring in the way and i cant disconect the throttle cable, can you help me out ASAP

The throttle cable disconnects from the slide. You just have to push the cable down a little and it comes out to the side. You can tell what side because there is a cutout. You have to do this while compressing the spring though. Once the cable is off the slide should be free, you then undo the two screws the hold the needle down.

that's how i did mine as well. just get a small screwdriver and undo the screws down inside the slide and pull it apart. really easy

I still cant get the throttle cable disconnected, i think i can see where you mean it slides out but it won't budge. Brandoz, did you remove the cable or leave it there?

where the spring is sitting inside the throttle slide there is actually a little clip thing and there is screws, remove the screws, and then compress the sping then you should be able to jiggle [technical term] the cable about and the little clip will move and you should be able to figure out how it comes out from there on.
god thats awkward to describe....

I figured it out on my own. What i did was pulled the spring out of the slide, then i pulled that brass clip up. That then allows the cable to slide out. The pin is easy to change. Now putting it back in was an entirely different story. I didn't bother with the spring and slid the cable back into the slot, put the brass bracket back on and then screwed the spring on if you know what i mean, Kinda like putting a key on a key chain, only backwards.