how to get over my fear !?

Drifz1

May 24, 2010
mayo,ireland
how the hell can i stopp beeing afraid of fallin off when doing wheelies? i mean the only reason i bought a atv is to do wheelies! and i can pop it up but how can i stop sh*ttin myself whenn wheelin? thanks guys!! lol.

Keep doing it. Like they say practice makes perfect, and that practice is also what helps you build confidence in your bike and yourself, before you know it you will be doing them with out really even thinking about it.

keep your foot on the back brake... lets you set the wheelie down when you want!

Ive fallen plenty of times doing wheelies on quads. It dosen't hurt as long as you have all your gear on. And the rear grab bar always caught the bike.

have working rear brakes and a grab bar to keep your quad from falling back. try to do it in lower rpm range to keep you goin slow. then just gas..brake..gas..brake..gas..brake. but u dont have to hit the brakes hard to bring it down a little. just keep it where it balances and ride it as long as you can. as said ^^ start off on grass so even if you do fall back its not gonna hurt at all even without gear.

oh and dont put your foot in the grab bar, thats not how you do it:p

long grab bar and dont let go until it comes down or your on the grab bar at a dead stop and just roll of and smell the leaking gas

yeah bro , just gotta do it , get the feel for it and have fun , don't think what if i fall , just think how long can I ride it? My bro at sand lake wheelied for almost a half mile on the beach . and trust me , his ass had been in the sand more than once before he was able to crank that out.

the only time i'v ever fallen off after a wheely was when i snapped the grabber, and it came up and hit my in the bum, just hold on, and if it gets too far back, just hit the rear brakes and try again

basically, grow a pair, and just start doing it. you CAN'T be scared of these things or all the fun goes out the window, however you should always RESPECT them because they can kill you. but that can't be what you think about.

i have no foot brakes!

Then your asking for it.. honestly dont get greedy with trying to go for distance ..start in steps get it up ride it..then set it down..do that 1000 times til you are comfortable then keep going higher and higher to where you barely need and throttle input to keep it up. Then thats your BP then its matter of throttle control and brake control to go the distance.

I stunt sport bikes..not no damn going down the street wheelies. parking lot slow 5pm circle wheelies all the good stuff so.. throttle,balance and brake control are the biggest things you need to learn right of the bat..then everything else falls in to place. just my .02

You doing it on a quad is bad trying doing it on one wheel lol I sh*t myself when I do one on my dirt bike......But the only way you can over come ur fear is just keep doing it and get up and get back on it when you fall.

You doing it on a quad is bad trying doing it on one wheel lol I sh*t myself when I do one on my dirt bike......But the only way you can over come ur fear is just keep doing it and get up and get back on it when you fall.
Yeah bikes are ALOT harder to wheelie, just takes crashing a few times to get over the fear and realize its not that bad...... and that goes for anything.

One real nice thing about wheeling a bike is theres alot less front end weight, makes finding your balance a tad easier and less taxing.

i just gun it and use the throttle i never use the back brake unless im bout to run into something

That's why u bought a quad?

If this is referring to me..by all means thats not the reason i bought a quad. I still stunt regularly..the quad is my i wanna beat the hell out of something and not worrie about the cops or innocent ppl. not very smart to stunt the streets with the option to harm someone else for my "wreckless hobby"

i think he was saying about the guy who started the thread. amd just a quick ? for u why is ur name hondaruss and ur on blasterforum lol