how to fix bent handlebars???

gears2

Jan 20, 2008
Pennsylvania
i was a dumbass last weekend and i tried to go up one of the shooting lanes we made at the cabin, got the back to slide over a small log going up the steep part, started rolling backwards, the front brakes just locked up and didnt do anything, so i panicked, dumped the clutch and i ended up flyingg off the back and had the blaster land right next to me upside down, with the red hot exhaust about 6 inches away from my face. I only had a muscle shirt o, so i also got to slide about 6 feet down the hill form my freshly roasted arm and shoulders from floating down the juniata for 8 hours. it bent the handlers about 4 inchesd down. I unbent it about 1/2 the way, but i cannot straighten it all the way. How can i unbend the bars? It is bent on the left side right above the crosspiece. Those bars are strong! thanks

Get your self a piece of hollow pipe 3 or 4 feet long, stick it over the side thats bent,and pry it up or down, which ever way you gotta go. have someone hold the bike down as best they can.

like said, use a pipe that will fit around the bars. if whoever is holding the bike can't keep it from just lifting the bike, strap it down to something solid like a truck bed or trailer.