How the hell you guys get your bikes so clean

joeker

Apr 26, 2011
SALEM NH
Im trying to get my blaster clean after a weekend of fun, so im using soap and water. It does not come close to how clean your blasters are. Im just curious if you use engine degreaser, wd40, or simple greenor what??

iIve got my pictures of my blaster under my profile, i was trying to upload them but still trying to figure that out

Alot of elbow grease.....lol. I think alot of what you are referring to is polished. So sanded/buffed/polished. A lot have powder-coat or paint which should clean with some time and soap and water. The engine is aluminium for most part (- stator case) but can be cleaned well with a de-greaser and steel wool (not on paint though as it will scratch) or scotchbrite. You must be careful whenever using an abrasive surface on a painted part though.

Truthfully man, and I believe I speak for a few, but I spend as much time cleaning as riding. And one other comment. I believe a lot have built their blasters (build threads etc.) then once done, take pics for their signature before putting on a ton of riding.

I figured it wouldnt be that easy, but its funny I actually enjoy cleaning it, I will try the steel wool.

I bet your right about the pictures of all the flawless bikes.

I heard someone i spoke to (not on here) , but they use wd40 on the plastics.

Also what is the best to use on the chain for a lubricant

Bell ray (super clean) for the chain and wd-40 works to make it shine, the quad not the chain lol

i use my neighbors pressure washer :) works great

Last edited:
I don't know about the wd40. I havn't heard that one, mothers makes a really good plastic cleaner and there is also another good product called plastic restore. The steel wool suggestion is just for the bare aluminium case. I would try a mild scotchbrite first though as I don't want to give a suggestion that done wrong will scratch your bike.

BEFORE USING ANYTHING TEST A SMALL UNNOTICEABLE AREA FIRST TO MAKE SURE RESULTS ARE WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR BEFORE GOIN FOR IT...

im goignto try some of the mothers plastic cleaner and some steel wool. sounds good to me .

From all the custom plastics ive seen on here. Im goingto strip my blaster down this winter and get it all painted up nice. So even the plastics can get painted?

The plastics can be painted but be careful and make sure you prep,prep,prep. Plastic does not adhere paint well, even plastic paints such as krylon fusion (which others will suggest) without extreme prep work. There are plenty of threads here about painting plastics. I would try to restore yours before painting. If you can get them even somewhat looking good they will hold up better than even a good paint job on plastic will after riding hard. Just an opinion...and heed my warning regarding test areas above

i will pressure wash mine. afterwards i'll go back over it with car wash and a brush.

maxima oils company makes a killer wax/cleaner we use at snowmobile tours to clean our sleds after transport. works damn good
google maxima oils and you can see what its called, i cant rmember off hand.

or simple green works well on frame parts

invest in a decent pressure washer with an adjustable tip, for flat, circle, or jet, to get in all the odd places and such. I also use detail brushes and a bucket of "car-wash" soap.

I use simple green first with the pressure washer. Then take a soft hand towel with wd40 and never dull.
Then again since I started this boat project other then my yard I haven't had it out, but I wash it and baby it like I do my truck.

i think i only polished my entire bike one time. then i gave up cause its just alot of work to just take it out and get it dirty again. now i just spray armoral wheel cleaner all over my bike... it works wonders with greasy engines believe it or not. and spray it off with a hose. you wouldnt think that foaming armoral wheel cleaner would get that much grease off, but i just spray it on, walk away, and 10 minutes later i just wash it off.

i wash mine after every ride then buff it with a mothers ball on my drill, then spray on turtle wax, then run rain X over the plastics to keep dust off and mud would easily drip off. however im one of the guys who barely rides theyre "clean" blasters :D but i just love modding it and riding it when i can

Im trying to get my blaster clean after a weekend of fun, so im using soap and water. It does not come close to how clean your blasters are. Im just curious if you use engine degreaser, wd40, or simple greenor what??

iIve got my pictures of my blaster under my profile, i was trying to upload them but still trying to figure that out

engine degreaser and a well placed water hose8-|

a collection of different brushes and cleaner. mr moto bike wash is amazing, diffinatly get yourself some of that. uhhhh, wheel cleaner, tire shine, cleaner wax, insulator wax, reg car wax, and spray detailer go a long way. never dull for any aluminum is nice too. mothers back to black for the seat and any other black platic or vinyl.

that should about do it. i know the wax thing is overboard but it makes it much easier to clean body and other pieces if the surface is waxed.

and thats what she said btw. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

pressure washer and paint thinner, but make sure ou pressure wash first then take a rag and get some paint thinner on it and wipe the grease and oil off, then spray wd-40 on it to stop rusting.

Before i go for a ride i coat the entire thing with pam non-stick spray (except the seat and grips) and everything just falls right off no cleaning what so ever and it is always shiny!

JK just clean it after every ride if you want it to look that nice