How much time till a rebuild???

gears2

Jan 20, 2008
Pennsylvania
just wondering how many hours i should put on the engine till a rebuild. i mainly trail ride and in the snow, i dont beat it bad. would rather rebuild it BEFORE it blows up. thanks

Oh yeah its a weisico piston bored .010 over with the oil injection. i really want to get it off though. the shop didnt take it off when it was rebuilt because "it worked fine". yeah, but then when it decides to stop working i have to rebuild it again haha

Once it feels like it is not making as much power, compression test, and then rebuild if it's low. The more you clean your air filter, the longer you can go between rebuilds.

If you are getting antsy, you could pop the top end off, get the cylinder honed and put new rings on if the piston/cylinder is still in good shape. That would stretch the time till the next top end rebuild out.

I would do a rebuild when I notice that the bike is loosing power/not as peppy as it once one. You will start to notice. d.jackson noticed that my bike was alot more peppy than his was so its time for a rebuild on his...we are gonna wait for our engine build though.

if it loses 10 pounds of static compression or more ,most rebuild at around 100 hours ,rebuild every late fall /winter and yo uwont have to worry about problems that is if you ride it hard and regularly

unless your like me and by the way u sound your not but my piston usally breaks before i get the chance to do a compression test cause i ride it to hard lol