How much hp should my motor make?

blasterbogger

Mar 10, 2010
Miami,Florida
Hey guys, Im rebuilding my 89' motor and i am very curious how much hp my motor will make. I recently traded my kx80 for a 3mil stroker and vforce 3 reeds, My bottom end is rebuilt with the stroker in it. I also bought an agressive trail ported cylinder by ?, with a 67.75 bore, shaved head(not running it), toomey pipe, and a 34mm keihin carb for 300 bucks. I am not going to run the spacer plate so that means i have to get my cylinder match ported, and the head modified. With the stroker, the ported cylinder with 67.75 bore, vf3's, 34mm carb, and toomey pipe how much hp should i be making?? Thank you.

Sounds like you've got a good build going. As long as it makes good power and does what you want it to, the hp numbers don't mean a whole lot. You can have all the power in the world, but you have to be able to handle that power or it won't do you much good.

^^^^ very good point.

It should make about as much as mine... ENOUGH!!!!!!

One quick question though, why would you not run the stroker plate if you've already got the cylinder ported and the head modified? You'll sacrifice like 2hp by simply running it with the stroker plate but won't incur the costs of getting the head modified and cylinder reported... Plus, that cylinder doesn't have a lot of life left in it now... paying to report it and then only having two lives left is sort of a waste of money. I would run the stroker and purchase a second nearly stock (bore) cylinder and head and then send THAT one off to have it ported and the head modified for the stroker. You'll be all set then. You can resell your cylinder you have now ported for stock stroke to someone else to recover a few bucks and come out better in the long run.

@sicivicdude i was looking for max power out of this engine but i realize im going to save alot more money, so i am going to run the spacer plate the head is shaved so atleast it will make up some power! I am currently under a full rebuild my frame is now rolling so its just the motor i need running i just wanted to know an estimate number of horsey's my motor will make. I weight 150 and im 14 my setup should have more than enough power! I:I

Yea man i was thinking about upgrading to a banshee but im going to stay with the blaster its a different machine now with the 3mil!! And aggresive trail ported cylinder. 240 kit right now is too expensive right now so im hoping this thing will move!!

Motor pictures. Not that great but something....
2lkfotl.jpg

nz4ls3.jpg

cjdw6.jpg

2m7u5ia.jpg

Im not sure who ported it but that should be one sick blasty when its all said and done who cares who ported it just rip that thing