how much does...

89blaster89

Aug 26, 2011
Pacific northwest, washington
how much does a aftermarket silencer affect performance on a aftermarket pipe like a fmf. i currently have a fmf fatty pipe with a aftermarket silencer but it looks like a dg with a custom tip but not sure, how much performance gain would i get if i got a fmf powercore 2 silencer? anyone sellin one for cheap??

not much. if not even noticable. i replaced stock silencer with PC2 on stock pipe and i noticed a little power gain, but not much. if u already have an after market pipe, u probs wont gain anything. just sounds different. but them again its a DG=DONT GET!!! lol ur better off getting a toomey pipe.

there are gains and losses to be had in a silencer, whether you can feel them or not is a different story

that's pretty much every silencer, the diameter, and length will affect the performance of the engine

post a pic! !

ok i dont have a pic but i drew exactly what it looks like on windows paint lol...
al2np2.jpg
[/IMG]

ok i dont have a pic but i drew exactly what it looks like on windows paint lol...
al2np2.jpg
[/IMG]

oohhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! damn dude u have one of the rarest silencers of all! thats the classsic kitchen sink kind. fmf made it back in the 70's when 2 strokes were at it's highest! dud u should sell that thing on ebay for like 600!

lmao jkjk by the pic (which is auctally freaking good for paint) its an lrd.

oohhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! damn dude u have one of the rarest silencers of all! thats the classsic kitchen sink kind. fmf made it back in the 70's when 2 strokes were at it's highest! dud u should sell that thing on ebay for like 600!

lmao jkjk by the pic (which is auctally freaking good for paint) its an lrd.

i kinda thought it was a lrd but the lrd tip is longer and skinnier...