how much could i get?

if you have the prices right, and you have a plan for it, you will make more money parting it, you just have to have a plan, first of all how much would you like for it?

second right down all your parts, then you have to have set prices for them, then add up all of it, and see how much you come ahead

parting it out is gonna be alot more of a hassle... i say sell it and let someone enjoy it, but thats just my opinion

i think i'd rather sell it. less hassle and i'll know that someone will ride it, which i would feel better about. i put an ad on craigslist, atv riders, and here for 1400 o.b.o. or trade. i would like to get a 300ex after i sell or trade for one, idk. i like the whole electric start and reverse thing.

I bought my last blaster (1993) for $500 and it is all stock everything is pretty much like new on it aside from having a blown top end. I got bike with intention on parting out the frame for the 2003 bike i have so it is a green sticker bike instead of a red and then sell the left over bike as parts or if condition isnt bad on engine to rebuild it and sell. I got a new piston for $70 dollars and in process of putting top end back on and removing the oil injector off it. I actually had since i bought this bike traded my banshee for a jeep cherokee to go 4x4 in and now need a quad so i have decided to fix this one for myself. My plan it to get it up and running and then see about modifying it with aftermarket parts and such.

My wife's blaster a 2001 model blaster i picked up for $1800 stock in good like new condition with everything running well and well maintained.

My stepson's red sticker 2003 blaster I picked up for $1600 with blown top end with plastic and everything on it looking like new aside from unknown mechanical work needed. This was the first blaster/quad i had ever got and most costly. I had a shop rebore out the cyl for the new piston and they 'egg shaped" the cyl and caused it to seize again.. I not knowing the history of the bike too well thought maybe something else was wrong and took bike to shop. I spend a lot more money on the bike to fix the issue which was caused from the "egg shaped cyl." This bike also has a lot of aftermarket parts on it as well and it will stay with family for a long time now heh :).

I hope those prices and condition descriptions and such help out. I live in CA so price on bikes here might be more than other places or less not sure. I know that if your bike looks rough even with an awesome running engine people will possibly want the bike for less than you ask, so if you need the sale keep that in mind and if that is the case you migh tlook at making the bike "stock" and sell it for X amount and then take the aftermarket parts and ebay sell them for extra money if you have the time... that way you have less hassle and best of both worlds of parting out/selling bike.