how much can i cut the blaster head?

I enjoyed making those videos!!!.. I forgot how to post links (I think), so that it shows up like larry's did above, but I'll try... ALL 10 VIDEOS on how to re-chamber a head \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

One other thing...WARNING: this is fun to do!

1...You will LEARN FROM THESE VIDEOS!
2...You will get a SUBSTANTIAL POWER INCREASE by doing this!
3...You can re-cut/re-chamber a single head multiple times before having to throw it away, while learning!
Lots of meat (material) to play with!
4... You get to make a cool arbor tool that you get to keep!
5... You learn lathe skills!
6... You get to say ..."I DID IT MYSELF!"
7... Now go re-chamber your blaster head and have fun. Don't forget eye protection!

One other thing...These are old videos. I showed myself step cutting the sealing surface to "inset" the copper head gasket into the head. You don't need to do that. I was experimenting with squish distance with my
"Throw away head" because I could. Also if Mr Awk08 could fix the links so they show up like Larry's above... That would be cool. Remember to have FUN, be SAFE, and EXPERIMENT!

Reactions: Fast6hand
Damn it how did that happen??? AWK08... help!

When your done re-chambering your head, your blaster is going to run like forest gump!

Damn it how did that happen??? AWK08... help!

not sure why some linked correctly and some didn't ?

I'll try to fix them above :)

edit: Joe, you did link them correctly, I originally thought it was a link problem, which sometimes on the old forum it had to be HTTP, not HTTPS
that was not the case here.
apparently we're limited to 5 videos per post, as i split them up into the 2 posts and they all appeared :)

5 videos is news to me
but i do know 10 pics is the limit per post:D
there is about 11-12pics in my sig crammed into 1 pic under 1mb lol :D

just curious , how much compression is too much compression? im not sure what stock compression is but im at 150 psi after doing the figure 8 sand paper and thick glass trick. on a side note maby i should have a little more, i only put a small squirt of wd40 in the cylinder so i don't do the test dry. 2 stroke oil would be ideal but it was on the other side of the garage and i was too lazy to get it.:D

i only run premium on 150psi
yes, i am aware of that, i ran it yesterday and i dont think im getting detonation or preignition. what i do get is an insanely high idol, and lots of low end power. an interesting anomaly i found is when i put the choke on at idol it clams down and idols regularly so i feel i may have to use a biger jet. further more adjusting the idol air screw dose minimal to corect the situation, it makes a slight difference but not enough. furthermore i do not believe i have air leaks , i have new cranks seals and gaskets, and this condition im having seems to corelate with 150 psi of compression. and the squish band seems to be about 2.03mm

Squish band and squish thickness are two different things. Presume you mean thickness?

You achieved this with just sandpaper and glass?

Fuel recomendation was aimed towards 1piglife.

If the idle is insanely high, then there are some setting that are incorrect.

Pulling out the choke to stabilise an idle tells me that there is too much air entering the system!

Leak test that engine for peace of mind!

yes, i achieved this just with glass and sand paper, and two hours of time
yes, i am using premium pump gas , but what do you mean 50/50, pump gas cut with 110 race gas or av-gas ?
if by thickness you mean distance from the piston to head measured by squishing soft solder (and making sure the solder is touching the diameter of the cylinder) than i am measuring it correctly , if not im doing it wrong.

never tried it but the stock head gasket is .032
vitos high compression head gasket is .018 thousands of an inch

i think it only adds 10psi??