How hard is it to put a stroker crank in my blaster?

If your mechanically inclined you should be able to do it, its not hard as long as you've got the right tools (flywheel puller, manual)

thats only for a 3mm stroke. 4mm require more work. and porting should be done to match either way for optimum performance.

If you don't have a +3 already then good luck finding one.... I think I've tried every place I know and the only ones that had one was Vitos themself and they didn't have but just a few last time I talked to them but they want way more then anyone else does for it.

I would recomend having a professional do it.
I did it myself and found it to be a MAJOR pain to take apart and put back together the crankcase halves back together. You will also need some kind of Crank holder so you can unfasten the bolt on the right side. Something to keep in mind; The crank needs to be pressed into the bearings on both sides and this can be a huge pain in the butt if you dont have a press (dont even think about trying a vice or anything similar, its not gonna work.). Even so you might need some kind of jig to do it without screwing it up. The transmission also is a little confusing to put back together if you dont have the manual and it falls apart right as you are taking the halves apart (which by the why dont just come apart, all the shafts for the tranny are pressed into the bearings real tight), and don't forget all the while you have the rubber gasket stuff getting all over the place while you try to get it back together.

However, If you have the OEM tools that the Yamaha techs use to take it apart and put it back together you have a much better chance at succeeding.

even with the 3mm i had to do some filing on my case to get it to work smoothly and not only do you need a puller of some sort you will need tools, patience, and beer then after you get it all together and remember you didnt install the spacer plate and have to take it apart again you need even more beer. so id say its about a 6-6 1/2 beer job.

ya i'm having mine done and i had to get one from veto's them self. cost like a b____ i think i should have went with the 4. i hope it's done tomorrow. guy told me their is still a small amount of case shaving but a lot more with 4. and its a great time 2 check all bearings when case's r split

Thanks, I am mechanically inclined, but not that far with pressing bearings. Ill have my local shop install it. Thanks to everyone!

I installed a stroker crank in my 450r.

My first rebuild ever on a very complex machine, turned out great.

I did notice a very slight increase in vibration, but thats a given with the added stroke.

Its not as hard as its made out to be. Just stay organized, take pictures on disassembly, and tourqe everything to exact specifications. Dont forget to Gap your rings.