how can you tell if the piston is hitting the head?

jigga22

Jul 21, 2008
springfield, massachusettes
it definely sounds like its hitting the head. it runs just like shes suppose to but it knocks on the top of the engine. i took the top off (the part with the spark plug) and the piston was fine no marks but when i start her up she make a knocking sound. any help would be great thanxz

your head gasket maybe leaking, when mine went it would have a knocking /poping sound . is there any type or oil around your head? if so then it most likely went ..

okk .. umm give that a try that .. take the plug out spin it over slow see if it hits.. any chance u can get a vid of it running ?..

when i took the head off b4 i turn it over and the only noise it made was air getting sucked in where the air filter was at, when i put it back together it made the knocking noise again. thats why i think its hitting the head

ok. but u cant tell if its hitting with the head off.. try taking the plug out and spinning over.. it shouldn't hit unless they removed the base head gasket but then i still think it wouldn't hit but i could be wrong.