How about a rant page?

Whitty21

Apr 15, 2010
Small town, ON, Canada
I have seen a lot of rants come up lately, from dumb step-sons to chirpin 4 pokes, and some times, yes, some have the nerve to chirp blasties:eek: I can see fights starting, but if people are immature enough to get too excited should be off the site anyways. Just an idea, what do you guys think?

nope thats a big NO, its just gonna start trouble and end up with someone bad mouthing another person and is just gonna start conflict

I can see it going both ways. To keep it from going south could we make each thread a read-only? So only the creator can make the one initial rant and nobody else can post. It kinda defeats the purpose but i think most rants are more about just getting it off your chest than getting people to listen IMO

I can see it going both ways. To keep it from going south could we make each thread a read-only? So only the creator can make the one initial rant and nobody else can post. It kinda defeats the purpose but i think most rants are more about just getting it off your chest than getting people to listen IMO

yes this is true........so i guess sometime it wouldnt be bad, but also i can see where it would cause conflict sense most people start crying over who is better, which part is better, which builder is better, who has more hair on there chest and so one.......lol its like nonstop bitching on here......someones is crying because so and so said that there pipe sucked.....lol

lol that is true, there is always going to be bitching. So make a section for bitching so you have a place to do it. If you have a major rant else where it will be moved or deleted. And if there is a database of bitchiness where MOST of the ranting, crying, whining, bitching blah blah blah is, you can just avoid that section if you wish! lol

I rarly get to point of ranting, but I did feel better knowing that I didn't feel that much different then most on here over the situation. I did it mostly to get feed back on wether or not I was with in reason. But some subjects are very volatile subjects.

problem is if ppl rant its usually about another member which will create more bad Juju on the forum

Sounds like a good idea, but like some have said it could go both ways, it could be very helpful, or very detrimental. Also I'm pretty sure that you can lock your on threads when you post them, If you go to the all the way down to the bottom of the create a thread page I remember seeing something about locking a thread, someone confirm if it actually works?

yes this is true........so i guess sometime it wouldnt be bad, but also i can see where it would cause conflict sense most people start crying over who is better, which part is better, which builder is better, who has more hair on there chest and so one.......lol its like nonstop bitching on here......someones is crying because so and so said that there pipe sucked.....lol

ya that will start problems. a builder thread always starts something, along with which will win or which is better. those type of threads never end well.

also i shave my chest, hair is bad, extra weight.

Sounds like a good idea, but like some have said it could go both ways, it could be very helpful, or very detrimental. Also I'm pretty sure that you can lock your on threads when you post them, If you go to the all the way down to the bottom of the create a thread page I remember seeing something about locking a thread, someone confirm if it actually works?

if you go to the top of one of YOUR threads and clcik thread tool, there is an option to close the thread, and it does work