Hope I chamfered sleeve correctly

hotrodaj_2

Mar 23, 2010
Central California
I rebuilt my top end with a buddy that has rebuilt his Banshee more times than I can count. Rebuild went smooth. My question now is after machine work I needed to chamfer port edges in cylinder. I took the small sanding cone (used 180 grit I think) that I cleaned everything up with and just knocked the edge off of each port all the way around. I then took my finger and felt to make fore sure the edge was gone. After reading stuff now on this site it seems to be a bigger deal than just knocking the edge off. Is what I did ok or is it going to tear up my rings. Breaking in engine now and ok so far.

If you Went the radius of the ports,,,and knocked the 90 Degree edges off the top, bottom and corners of the port...Most likely will be ok, Shouldn't snag a ring.

Cool, that's what I thought but just wanted to ask. Ya I did knock the edges off all the way around each port. Some people started making a big deal about chamfering your ports and I just put the motor together. Thanks for the reply dude.