Honda hybrid

bansheedave

Nov 4, 2010
20150509_163843.jpg
20150509_210635.jpg
20150509_211238.jpg
Well I've decided not to do another quad swap. Doing a honda first gen aluminum frame swap with my kx500 motor. The motor is sitting in the frame so I can see what all I have to do. I haven't cut anything yet. This will be a new winter project. I have one source an aluminum welder in my area. Cause I know it will r
20150509_163843.jpg

Reactions: dirtysquared
No turning back now unless I buy a new frame...lol I cut the mounts out and will have them reused. The x brace in the front will get cut out and a new one made and welded in. The sprockets are lined up. Some tank modification will be needed to sit flush and clear the spark plug. But that's all minor. So far it fits fairly nice in the frame. I'll need to get both a kx500 pipe and cr500 pipe and make it fit.

Reactions: Herpderplol
Nice !. It looks like it fits in there pretty snug by the looks of it. I cant believe a kx500 fits like that in a small Honda frame.

Winter is to far away, get moving on this one so we can see it finished and ripping. :) I really like this build. Looks like allot of fun..

i got my letter to return back to work but I won't be starting till mid august. so the build will have to be winter. I have two other projects, the camper being the next biggest, that needs my main attention. my small classic car is next on the list and the bike is just something to keep me busy when I have nothing else to do. there will be progress along the way so keep watching.

Reactions: Charles