Hole in crankcase

Mar 15, 2015
Pennsylvania
I bought the blaster cheep. The kicker wouldn't move almost like jammed tore it apart to find a whole bout 1/2in in crankcase what can I do to fix it. That would hold

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 220
where is this hole located ?
towards the rear ?
if so, thats the transmission area and is a drain hole for trans oil to flow in/out of the trans/clutch area.

lets see a bigger pic of the whole side of the engine

Yea it's at the rear and I can rotate the crank by hand till it gets so far then stops at the same spot everytime almost as is something's jammim

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 224
thats a drain hole in the trans area your pointing too and is supposed to be there.
the crankcase area is divided inside from the trans area.

DO NOT FORCE IT PAST THE JAM !!!! (in case it is a piston skirt)

check the gear behind the clutch basket, then the flywheel/stator side to see if anythings loose and jamming on that side.

or you may have dropped a piston skirt :(
and it's jamming the crank, you may be able to see the broken skirt by removing the exhaust and looking up in at that side of the piston, as thats the side that usually breaks.

I think I can see a chunk of metal through the hole I pointed out but not entirely sure

well there is gears inside there, or do you mean loose ?
these transmissions are pretty stout and rarely have problems inside there.

pulling in the clutch lever or pulling the clutch plates out should pinpoint it to trans or crank area.
the crank can't put power into the trans thru the clutch if it's not engaged.

If you put it in gear and try movin in with the clutch pulled in it's still like it's in gear so that would mean the clutch isn't engaging? Would that have any thing to do with the kickstarter not movin

could just be the plates sticking together.
how far does the pressure plate move out when you pull the lever ?

if your lucky one of the magnets on flywheel has come loose or stator plate coils are jamming up around flywheel
if your lucky:)

i would think you would see metal/aluminum shaving's somewhere if summin broke? unless it was half azz cleaned off before purchased

Dosnt look like the plates supperate enought how would I go about adjusting them. I'm not sure when I'll get time to work on her again. I'm just ready to get back out and ride I sold my trx

i would have taken cylinder head or cylinder off before clutch side if you were just worried about the rotaiton.It would have been easier.
you need a 10 dollar puller to pull flywheel off.
i would pull cylinder regardless im sure it needs some attention/and it is easier then that clutch side cover you pulled:)

Dosnt look like the plates supperate enought how would I go about adjusting them. I'm not sure when I'll get time to work on her again. I'm just ready to get back out and ride I sold my trx

you're not going to see the plates seperate, only the pressure plate moves out like an 1/8" at most, just enuf to allows the plates to slip.

it is adjustable though, with the rod/nut in the middle, it's best to see it adjusted than explained.
watch the KOR engine assembly vids to see it, part 3 @ the 14 minute mark
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/kor-engine-assembly-vids-no-crank-puller-needed.51169/

Ok I pulled the exhaust looked through the port it seems the piston didn't drop a skirt I pulled the clutch plates I got her to spin without stoping and every other spin it gets caught now what

Ok I pulled the exhaust looked through the port it seems the piston didn't drop a skirt I pulled the clutch plates I got her to spin without stoping and every other spin it gets caught now what

That's kind of confusing ^^^
Have you done a leakdown yet? Not that it has anything specifically to do with your issue, but you may be tearing it down further, and you don't want surprises on assembly.

Remove gear from end of crank, that will eliminate balancer issues. Does it still stick?
Remove flywheel, that eliminates issues with wheel and stator. Does it still stick?

If it still sticks at this point, you have major problems. Possibly dropped skirt on intake side or blown crank/crank brg.

Wait, is it the clutch shaft that is not turning or crankshaft?
Put it in neutral and/or remove chain. And disregard above.

image.jpg
image.jpg
Ok guys pulled the head jug got metal flakes and the piston has dents in it I can here were it's jamming what u guys think it could be. Also the rod I can move left and right

In the one pic it doesn't look like there is a thrust washer on one side. The top of the piston looks like round dents from a big end rod brg roller. Last pic is a cylinder, not head.

While holding piston/rod does the crank turn now?