hmm trail bikes..

ATVkid2002

Jun 21, 2009
pennsylvania, in da mountians
ok well im currently selling my 250f. and im looking for somthing that suites trails. now i dont know if a yz250 is good for trails but im leaning twoards these bikes.

-ttr230
-yz250
-crf230
-enduro type.

please state what you think is best for trail riding.
thanks atvkid:D

Re: hmm bikes..

welll.. a 250 2 stroke is still a big bike but light.... and a weighted flywheel will give plenty of low end so you dont stall it out..

if herd ther crf230s are awsome trail bikes...

weird i know guys that trail ride with crf450s lol

My brother's WR450f with some minor mods (grey wire, pipe mod) seems beastly on the trails...

lightened flywheel will cause it to rev faster and decell faster.. which isnt what you want for a trail bike, you want a weighted flywheel for my low end power, so your less prone to stall on tight trails..

light flywheel belongs on a race bike

do NOT get a ttr230 or ttr225, they have the same engines and are absolute headaches. they have tons less power then a crf230f, are slower then the crf, and have more mechanical issues. get either an xr200, crf230, or xr250. all are great trail bikes and as said above the xr's are very low tech. the xr's are probably the easiest 4 strokes to work on plus they're bulletproof.

I woulden't get a ttr230 or 225 or anything similar their all dogs , and pritty damn heavy in my opinion.I loved my old ktm 300mxc , wieghted flywheel soo it was really hard to stall , interchangeable powervalve springs, hydro clutch meant zero arm pump in the woods when useing the clutch a ton on tecnical areas.Also best of all had the same piston and rings with a ton of hours on it in there for 3 years no scuffing and great compression. Also unlike the trail oriented bikes , when you get to a wide open area you aren't bored, you can rip wide open and have FUN ,jump and it feels great because the inverted forkes ( if you get 2000 and up i believe) . Also water cooling nuff said.

i say get all the tools needed to adjust your valves at home and do it yourself to save money. i cant see your current bike not being a good trail bike