high prefoprmance help.

mikeatchison#1

Jul 15, 2010
got a 90' blaster i bought for $600 from a dealer, me and some friends we played on it all summer then one day when i was gone my friends thought it would be a good idea to go ride mikes blaster, went the the fueling station got a couple gallons of gas and away they wend riding the balls off that 2-smoke...but it didn't smoke that day, ya see those friends of mine didn't know i didn't use the oil injector that when i sent them to get gas all those other days i had put the premix in the can well they rode its ass off all day it finally died when i went to ride it they told me what happend i mixed a gallon and got it to fire after pulling the thing around the yard with the lawn mower . it was alive and running ok but last week the piston finally gave up the skirt was destroyed and cylinder has amazingly light scaring, after i rode my buddys Honda 400 i want more power out of my blaster because we have a small oval track out back i planned on doing some light porting i know the transfers are terrible from the factory, i thought about rutting some good reeds in it, and maybe a pipe and possible a little bigger carb they come out with a 28 i thought about like a 30 or 32 but i dont know i was told these blasters are really sensitive on jetting if u change just a little bit your chasing the jetting all the time, is this true? im only looking for a little bit more pop out of this thing so any suggestions will help.
thanks,
mike atchison.

Get a good pipe, that will really wake the blaster up. 30mm carb is a great upgrade.
Jetting is not hard at all just make sure you look at the plug often.

yup , fresh top end , reeds , 30 or 32mm carb . Good pipe will make it seem like Night and Day difference . If you want a fire breathing beast , 240 stroker with a 35mm airstryker and Toomey Exhaust along with some Oconnor Porting . at that point you'll need a +4 swinger and a better suspension to wrangle all that power its making .

jetting is a 2 stroke thing not just blasters, i havent changed my jetting since i got it dialed back in spring time.

Porting is what you want, then you will eat your friends 400ex for lunch. Carb, pipe, and filter to go with it. Jetting is key but once you get it to a good place you won't change it often.

hahaha yes, this!! i do it alot to one of my buddies that has a 04 400ex with a +2 sprocket and exhaust, its really a fun time muahahaha I:I I:I

thanks for the help guys, as of now im getting a new jug and top and kit, a uni filter, some carbon reeds, and a maybe a pipe found a fmf fatty on ebay for $75 wich i thought was good. can i reuse the stock stenciler with he fmf fatty?