hey guys been along time

bobdryerr

Nov 10, 2008
Eastern Iowa
hey everyone been 2 yrs since i had a chance to dig the blaster out of my buds garage. been almost 2 years since ive even.been on here.
so my question is i got.my.new topend installed starts just fine but i.cant get it to rev. i have a new aftermarket carb on an have the tors.bypassed and have my parking break bypassed as well. when i was looking atother wiring harnesses they have a smaller black boc witj i think 3 wires??? not shure if its fir the 03+ or not cause mine is an 03. i cant find it anywhere on my harness at all. so i was wounder whay that lil black box is an if im suppose to have it if thats what my problem is??? it acts like the tors of parking break symptoms so im all confused!!!

any help would b awsome. thanks guys and gals

Hey Bob, good to see you're still kickin it !!!

when deleting the tors on 03+ models, you have to connect the 2 wires that went to the switches, at the CDI/Tors unit

this DIY thread shows how....
http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/03-06-tors-removal-diy-41973/

the tors and cdi are one unit on the 03+ blasters, hence the need to "fool" it that it's still connected by connected the wires shown in the above link.

the wiring harness you saw was a pre 03, which had a seperate 3 wire "black box" for the tors. just disconnecting it and the carb/throttle switches works for those

thanks guys. and awk thats how i did mine i.followed the write up n i jist tapped them off for now just to see if it work but no darn luck :( its driving.me insane on not being abke to ride. i just wish i new someone close.by that knew more about eltrical them me.specialy since im.color blind which dont help but. i did fallow the wires. ugh im just so dissapointed cause.ive been workin 6 12s at work n finally got a day to get this new topend to break in n cant even.get it to rev. ive got pry atleast almost 5 hrs of.idle.time now on the topend n.when i hopped on ot to cruze a.lil it jist wants to.only go like 3mph n wont rev any higher like hittin a limiter. thats y i know its eltrical like tors n.iys making.me wounder.maybe if.my.ting.is off as well.or aomething cause im lost lol

When you hold the throttle dowb does the motor want to stall/die ? If deleted the TORS properly then you might want to try check the reeds ... Bad reeds/reed petals would cause similiar symptoms that you described !

If you just unplugged it, it wont rev... needs to be cut and twisted together to bypass it

actually, i think just unplugging it does disable it. ?
can someone confirm this for the 03+ parking brake ?

I can confirm....

When the parking brake is engaged, the switch is outwards, when you unplug it, it is still outwards... Which is why i say in every thread you need to cut the wires and twist them together. I did it on my black one about two weeks before i sold it. I would have on my new one but its already gone

My bike had the park brake by passed when I bought it, idk exactly how he did it but I'm pretty sure mine are NOT spliced together.

I no this is a long shot but if it feels like a limiter. There is a screw on the throttle box on the bar. It's to limit the throttle.

I was riding perfectly fine one day, then the next day couldn't figure out why it would only Reach like half throttle. Turned out I had knocked the screw in somehow?

Does it sound like this? this was my sisters blaster just after rebuilding the engine.. so we thought something had gone wrong with the build.. turns out her Boyfriend could help but play with the parking brake and didn't think to say anything... after a few hours playing about we figured out it was the park brake!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can confirm....

When the parking brake is engaged, the switch is outwards, when you unplug it, it is still outwards... Which is why i say in every thread you need to cut the wires and twist them together. I did it on my black one about two weeks before i sold it. I would have on my new one but its already gone

every thread i just read, says to just unplug the parking brake at it's connection under the hood, and not splice any wires together.
only the 03-06 tors delete requires splicing wires.
i'll bet if you look under the hood of your new one, theres an open plug under there with no wires spliced.

here's just one of the threads with the least chitter chatter........

http://www.blasterforum.com/general-support-17/e-brake-sensor-removal-35454/

Last edited:
Simple way to find out, join the wires together, if it fixes the problem then problem solved.

If it is still the same look for another fix!

yea got home yeaterday tried splicin the parking brake wires togather an didnt aole anything ao im gonna trt like awk said n take my wxhausr off n blow it out really good n also check.mt reeds

well checked my reeds an no cracks or anything next is gonna try the exhaust. is there any thing special test for the reeds like r hey suppose to have so much pull or anything on them or just look for cracks. I didn't find any cracs or anything deformed or anything with my reeds

Look for cracks, chips, frays and make sure they are seating.

Do not over tighten as they tend not to seal

how far r they suppost to seat on the reeds that is. mine have like a hair gap before they actually seal flat is that alright or are they outta spec???