Here we go again

nightmare420

Jun 19, 2008
Newfane/Burt, New York
facebook.com
Whats up guys. Been having parent drama latly so i couldnt get the blaster to a shop yet "/ but was looking at one of em today and notice now dirty she was so started cleaning it a bit and now im back to trying to fix it myself. Carb looked filthy so i had to rip it off. But noticed somethin odd when i pulled it off. Theres a bunch of spots of oil. A lil pool at each end of the car some on both intake boots, on the reed cage seal, and reeds themselves. And also the paint is coming off right behind the reed cage in the head itself. Piston also has oil on it. Not sure if its all engine oil or two stroke oil. The oil pump is still there i havnt gotten around to removing it. Could this be a sign of a bad crank seal? Havnt started her up latly but i know its pointless, it wont have any power and i just ge frustrated lol. Wtf why me. Pics in a bit

its probobly just 2stroke oil but a leakdown test will tell you if you have an airleak. very important to do this test if your having problems... slickerthanyou can get you a leakdown tester for a good price!

Heres plain idle no throttle
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z147/nightmare0098/e4d5f47d.mp4

Heres when i give it gas
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z147/nightmare0098/e4d5f47d.mp4

Heres the pics of everthing apart
e5704073.jpg

6fdf5f7f.jpg

34c65cde.jpg

85b69586.jpg

well that one reed looks like it's missing a corner. besides that everything else look fine to me. just clean your carb real good inside and out and do a leakdown. buy one from slick if you have to.

If you aren't running oil injection you need to cap or plug that nipple. If you don't have new gaskets at least use sealer on both side of reed gasket and won't hurt to put some where manifold meets cage, this area is prone to leaks.

Your probably gonna have to replace the reed. Just clean that sh*t up and take it apart and you'll be amazed how responsive your motor will be. To clean the jets what I did is take a straight bread twist tie and clean out the passageways of the jets. Now mine runs more whats the word unrestreicted.