here we go again

BDBRACING

Jun 9, 2010
FLORIDA
I just took the jug off and found the piston in backwards ( arrow at intake)AND THE TOP RING UPSIDE DOWN. Im finding more and more wrong with this thing. Put it all back together and now shes smoking like a broken stove. Could it just be a build up of oil from the piston being backwards or something worse. There were a few scores in the cylinder but didnt look major. Heck theres oil blowing everywhere, its pouring out the manifold and even the pipe at the rear. It revs good but i had to shut it down before the neighbors called the fire dept.:-/:-/:-/:-/

I just took the jug off and found the piston in backwards ( arrow at intake)AND THE TOP RING UPSIDE DOWN. Im finding more and more wrong with this thing. Put it all back together and now shes smoking like a broken stove. Could it just be a build up of oil from the piston being backwards or something worse. There were a few scores in the cylinder but didnt look major. Heck theres oil blowing everywhere, its pouring out the manifold and even the pipe at the rear. It revs good but i had to shut it down before the neighbors called the fire dept.:-/:-/:-/:-/

From your previous post you said it still had the oil injection hooked up while you were trying to figure out what was wrong with it, (glad to hear ya found the problem). It probably pumped a ton of oil into the motor that was'nt getting used with the piston in backwards. I'd try to run it for a while & see if it starts to clear up. Do laps around the yard & tell the neighbors you just got this new really cool yard fogger! :D Good luck!

Sounds like a plan to me. Im gonna take it back apart today and vacuum the oil outta the crackcase,change the oil again and run it for a while. If that dont work i guess i will try that right seal change.

Well yall its been a productive day. All my parts came in yesterday so the blaster now has the oil block off, back tires and works shock installed. Even took the back fender off and cleaned the air box and recharged the filter. Last thing is oil. I went to every auto parts store and all they had was Lucas. Ive done alot of searching on this website and read alot about the oils but im struck between atf, maxima and bel-ray gear saver. Im gonna run yamalube for the mix. But just want a few of your guys opinions. Whatcha think???????

i have ran reg 10/30 in mine sine the day i bought it new and have had no issuse

i did run atf once and it worked fine also

Well yall its been a productive day. All my parts came in yesterday so the blaster now has the oil block off, back tires and works shock installed. Even took the back fender off and cleaned the air box and recharged the filter. Last thing is oil. I went to every auto parts store and all they had was Lucas. Ive done alot of searching on this website and read alot about the oils but im struck between atf, maxima and bel-ray gear saver. Im gonna run yamalube for the mix. But just want a few of your guys opinions. Whatcha think???????

Dude trans oil and two stroke oil is diff,one mixs with gas and the other with yor trans gear box.

im currently running mamima super m in the tank and rotella diesel oil in the tranny, last year i ran benol and tranny fluid and i thin im liking this years lubes better lol I:I