Here from Buffalo

Choda

Jul 31, 2008
Buffalo NY
Hi guys, i just bought an 03 blaster has extended swing arm, alum wheels, pipe, intake, plastics and seat.. basic stuff.

I just rebuilt it because "it needed a set of rings"

ended up being a broken piston. after about 2 hours and 150 bucks she runs like a champ.

I have some pictures, ill post them later.

I look foward to sharing some stories, buying some parts, and learing as much as possible about these little quads.

sorry for the bad pic, i took them with my phone when it was in the back of my truck.

Blaster.jpg

I started pulling the motor apart and found this:

Piston1.jpg

Piston2.jpg

Piston3.jpg

MetalShavings.jpg

As the pictures show, a huge section on piston was broken off. The crank, rod, cylinder, bearings, head, carb, inside the case... everything had chunks of the piston in it. The case had standing water in it.

Planned for the worst and ordered some parts before I tore into it:
Piston
Piston Rings
Wrist Pin
Bearings
Gaskets
Spark Plug
Oil

RebuildParts.jpg

Now all I need are front tires ( ~$110 ) and a wheelie/grab bar ( ~$40 ).

For a total of ~$700 I have a freshly rebuilt Quad to beat the crap out of.

Yea i have three extras... I've had a blaster and LT250R Quad Racer before. Surprising enough the Suzuki never fouled out.

you live in buffalo ny? were the f*ck do you ride? i live in lockport and there aint sh*t
HAHA i live in lockport too, on south street.

I grew up in Akron, i go out there to ride.
I ripped down my road a couple times, but i dont wanna give the ol ladies heart attacks.

I have a couple friends that ride over near bear ridge, at least once a week they get together for a day after work to ride. Have you ridin by the creek? i see trails all over there but havent been there yet.

yeah, its burned blue.

Its only got to last me till the winter. then im gonna throw some cash at it.

nice sig 32:1, i like that alot.