Sep 16, 2014
Oklahoma
Okay just rebuilt my whole blaster engine here's what's in it

.010 over bore
Wiseco piston
Hot rods crankshaft
Hot rods rod
Blocked off oil pump NO plate
Got it all together fired it off took about 20 kick to get it to bust off for the first time it idles high after you hit the throttle but if you put your finger over the case hole (the breather hole I'm assuming it idles down) it's also hissing out the exhaust like a fshhhh sound kinda like it backfiring

Sounds like you have an air leak . You NEED to leak test that motor. Dont run it again for any period of time otherwise you could be rebuilding it again sooner than you think. Member Awk08 sells leak testers or you can build one yourself.. Also did you cap the old oil line nipple on the carb?

Reactions: Powerbandaddict
Sounds like you have an air leak . You NEED to leak test that motor. Dont run it again for any period of time otherwise you could be rebuilding it again sooner than you think. Member Awk08 sells leak testers or you can build one yourself.. Also did you cap the old oil line nipple on the carb?
No to the oil cap

If you are not using the oil injection you need to cap the nipple where the oil line went to. Otherwise you will be sucking in xtra air causing a lean condition. That on top of a leaky seal and or gasket can take out a top end pretty quick. Make sure to cap that nipple and leak test. It is very important to have a leak free motor. a good mix ratio of 32:1 is a good mix ratio and try and use a good 2 stroke oil..

Last edited:
Leak test now or your bank account may be many $$$$$$$$ less the next time you start it!

Disable the oil pump by removing the drive gear or it will run dry.

In the process of building a leak tester

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    904.8 KB · Views: 191
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    904.8 KB · Views: 177
Reactions: dirtysquared
you can get vacume plugs at auto parts store for like 3 bucks for a multi pack, to block off oil injection nipple on carb.
i dont know what you did but leak test it,think about maybe what did not go back together so easily,
did you put some type of case bond on cases? Or what was the hardest part of rebuild?

The exhaust must be leak proof as well or a lean mixture may be created, because of the fuel charge in the header not returning to the cylinder!

Thanks on the leak down tester everything went back together pretty easy wasent that hard but I'm thinking its s crank seal yes I used yamabond on the crank case also used ken o'conners you tube videos