HELP

blasterking

May 25, 2009
which would you buy a 2003 banshee 350 with pro circut chrome pipes, paddle tires, and .10 big bore kit, and new weisco pistons for 3200 or a 2005 honda trx450r stock. WHICH IS THE BETTER MACHINE!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would buy the Banshee. I would never buy a 450, wayyy too much for motor work. I'd aso be weary about buying a 4 year old 450. What will you be doing with the quad you buy?

I would buy the Banshee. I would never buy a 450, wayyy too much for motor work. I'd aso be weary about buying a 4 year old 450. What will you be doing with the quad you buy?

Wearing? You mean worrying? Your worried about a 4 year old 450r, compared to a 6 year old banshee?

Same thing im thinking. My friend has a 2005 450r and races and redid the piston and sh*t 1 time so far. There awsome quads,banshee's cost wayy to much to rebuild.

well to do it right ,a banshee cost about one third to rebuild compared to any modern 450 :-/

if it was a yfz450, then i would say yes to that, in this case the banshee.

um topend rebuilds are not bad at all on 450s, you can get a brand new cylinder for under $200, and if your cheap, a stock oem piston for like $80 plus gakets, it will be $320 tops. lets see $100 bucks for boring a banshee, $80 bucks for a wiseco piston times 2= $160 plus gaskets, puts you at close to $300, thats not 1/3 difference and imo, you can get more hours out of the four stroke, and you can just replace the piston and rings the first rebuild, like i did, and then second time buy a new cylinder, i got 60 hours at least on my original cylinder on my 450, still going strong. banshees dont have that hard coating in the cylinder that keeps it square for a long time. valve components last a long azz time if taken care off.

I myself am not sure if I'd buy either one. If I were to buy a new quad it would be a TRX or LT250R or another Blaster and set it up for MX. I'm not a fan of 4 strokes and you also have valves to replace and adjust and revvlimiters.;) What I meant in my first post was that I'd be more worried about buying a beat up 450 that I'd be worried about buying a beat up banshee. I ride with my buddies all the time (they have 250 4 stroke race bikes) They are only 07's and the motors are in terrible shape backfiring, taking about 20 kicks to start, etc.

I myself am not sure if I'd buy either one. If I were to buy a new quad it would be a TRX or LT250R or another Blaster and set it up for MX. I'm not a fan of 4 strokes and you also have valves to replace and adjust and revvlimiters.;) What I meant in my first post was that I'd be more worried about buying a beat up 450 that I'd be worried about buying a beat up banshee. I ride with my buddies all the time (they have 250 4 stroke race bikes) They are only 07's and the motors are in terrible shape backfiring, taking about 20 kicks to start, etc.

Thats what you call horrible maintainence. My 03 KFX is still on stock bore, stock cylinder, stock cams/springs/shims/buckets. Everything specs out just fine. My friends 450R on the other hand is a pure straight up piece of sh*t. Its in the shop under warranty more than its on the trail. Everyone else I know with 450's never has any problems. Just the damn 450R's are badly designed.