HELP WITH TORS REMOVAL

I will be able to post progress later. Now the guy I got it from on ebay said he would give me a refund. Should I do that and get a new carb or just try and do this one. My old carb t he idle screw in the tors is stripped I could put the tors Elim on that but I'm not Bob the builder and don't want to mess up the idle screw. Thoughts?

well if it were mine I would try getting the one you have to work, it's new and prob just needs adjusting. But you could save a bunch of money and sejd the carb back buy the TORS delete kit for 40. You don't have to be bob the builder to install it. I did it in 10 mins and never owned a quad in my life. All you do is grind down the carb where the idle screw goes tap it and hook up the throttle cable. Everything you need comes in the kit

shouldn't be but you should at least take the 4 screws out to look inside so you know what jet is in there (hopefully there is one) and can measure the float height.

you don't really need that idle adjuster for the tors delete. you can adjust idle at the cable where it attaches to the thumb throttle

The guy off eBay gave me his number so I called him and he said he put in stock jets 230 and 32.5 ran it through and ultra sonic cleaner? I don't know much about jetting was going to read up on that in a minute but when I can get out to it later I will be able to post pictures and go from there

The carb came "fully rebuilt" with the tors removal already done so assuming new?. Assuming is also not the greatest. The guy I got it from on ebay gave me his number and I called he said it had stock jets 230 32.5. He said the float may be stuck from shipping dry and to try tapping it a couple times. When I can get to it tonight I will be able to try everything and save myself from sending it back I will be able to upload pictures as well with the progress.

The guy off eBay gave me his number so I called him and he said he put in stock jets 230 and 32.5 ran it through and ultra sonic cleaner? I don't know much about jetting was going to read up on that in a minute but when I can get out to it later I will be able to post pictures and go from there

Yes absolutely you need to plug chop to confirm but should be starting at a 300ish main jet depending on your outside temps and elevation

I agree that the float could be stuck and or may even need adjustmen specificaly If the package was handled roughly. It is easy to check.
Out of curiosity you did reconnect the oil injection line back up right?

Or for the $ you paid you can get a brand new one with new grips and then you can always sell the twist throttle that comes with it. I personally wouldnt use a rwist throttle on an atv but this deal comes with one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-blas...ALL-/390885674858?hash=item5b029a0f6a&vxp=mtr

Last edited:
all posts by, and replying to, holtergeist about this same problem have been moved into this thread.
scrpe_gme_crzy has enuf problems of his own in his thread :)

Awk08 that k you much appreciated didn't mean to get things going all over the place lol.

no biggie man, thats what I do :)
all in one thread helps keep better track of your progress to solve your problem

BAhahaHAHAA ,,, sorry .:oops: ,, but all that for a fuel filter. ?!?!? I think i remember reading much earlier to toss that thing... Dont feal bad,,, i used them fir a while and after similar issues/lack of fuel etc,, i tossed them myself. Glad to hear it was somethng that simple and you figured it out and not somethig more expensive and inolved..