help with set up

blasterkiidirl

Dec 10, 2010
Ireland Cork
i took my race blaster for a ride down the lane next to where i life and is was very wet but not extreme and then i try to go flat out the handle bars are all over the place i cant keep it straight !! i was only out riding for 5 mins because i couldnt take it, but i know for a fact i should be able to ga way faster than wat i was going. the tracking is a bit off and im getting front tires but i dont think they were my problem or will new tires be just wat i need

You prolly found your problem if the tracking is a bit off.

Check for wear in the ball joints, tie rod ends.

Check the toe in/out and for bent or damaged parts.

Worn swing arm bushings or a misaligned rear axle can also affect steering.

Tyre pressure can sometimes make steering erratic.

I like to use a little toe out when at MX.

are the tire pressures equal ???
both fronts the same, both rears the same ????

edit..........blaaster covered all the bases, check the carrier bearings too

You prolly found your problem if the tracking is a bit off.

Check for wear in the ball joints, tie rod ends.

Check the toe in/out and for bent or damaged parts.

Worn swing arm bushings or a misaligned rear axle can also affect steering.

Tyre pressure can sometimes make steering erratic.

I like to use a little toe out when at MX.

toe out ?????????? when i got mine first it was toed in about 6"

Not enuff adjustment on the rod ends to get 6" either in or out!

A little toe out stops the front wheel ducking under on tight turns and helps to keep opposing rear in the dirt for that little extra traction.

Try it! Usually with flat track racing you usually commit to the corner long before you get there and hang the back out, and it may not give much advantage.

The toe out helps when you are turning the bars into tight bends and stops the front wheel from wanting to duck under the bike.

Recently I set up the boys bike for an obstacle course, tight turns and stuff and I toed them out 1/4 in, worked well.

Reactions: blasterkiidirl
Try it! Usually with flat track racing you usually commit to the corner long before you get there and hang the back out, and it may not give much advantage.

The toe out helps when you are turning the bars into tight bends and stops the front wheel from wanting to duck under the bike.

Recently I set up the boys bike for an obstacle course, tight turns and stuff and I toed them out 1/4 in, worked well.

tanks man rep for u

There are heaps of views on this subject, all of them have their goods and bads. The variables are many, where, what and how you ride.

Experiment with your conditions and adjust to your handling requirements.

Some of my buddies in MX keep telling me to get the bottom of my wheels out more, as I use stock camber.

I use the Blaster for flat track as well as MX and use tyre choice, and different pressures to suit different surfaces. I am constantly lowering and raising the bike and having to change the toe in/out settings.

I am led to believe that if you lean the tops of them wheels in too far, there is more incidence of bump steer (tendency to duck off to the side when landing a jump).

Do an experiment, put your foot on the front bumper, push down to compress the suspension and see if you notice the wheels towing in.

Last edited: