Help Removing Cover

seitz729

Apr 18, 2012
So Cal
I'm having quite a bit of trouble for some reason removing these pan screws from this cover (Pic Attached) . It feels like they have been locktited. I got one out but I can feel the others starting to strip. I would heat them up but I'm afraid of damaging the plastic cover. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

• cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 121
Impact driver my friend, put the impact driver on there and wack away with a hammer

throw some wd 40 on them or pb blaster, let it sit and then try again, when u replace them put allen head screws in there, makes them easier to get out. also use an impact driver on them it will help

Sometimes them little suckers just will not come out.

If the screwdriver or impact does tear the head out, you may have to drill the heads off, pull the cover off over them then remove them with grips.

Yup, good idea to replace with Allen type.

Get the proper size screw driver #3 phillips and a hammer, put the screw driver on each and give a couple hits, not skull breaks but a good solid hit, I have just removed all of those "frozen" ones on a fellow blaster members exact same thing!

Get the proper size screw driver #3 phillips and a hammer, put the screw driver on each and give a couple hits, not skull breaks but a good solid hit, I have just removed all of those "frozen" ones on a fellow blaster members exact same thing!

Thanks all, off to find an impact screw driver. I will definitely replace the damaged ones at least with some allen heads.

I used a flat head on my stubborn ones after I stripped them out struggling with a regular screw driver. Flat head that fits in the one slot for the Phillips then hammer it in a couple times, popped right out.