Help plz......

PikledBeats

Apr 19, 2010
Idaho
Ok, so here is the deal. I have been tuning my blaster for a week and am left banging my head as I am having problems.

First, here is list of mods

VF3, DMC Pipe, CFM/UNI, Pro Design Manifold Ported to VF3's

It was pressure tested and held 6psi for 30min.....

So here is the deal.....Plug check checks out perfect.....brown at the tip should be exact.

It starts first kick idles perfect. Runs through the first two gears no prob third fourth fifth and sixth run fine on low end and will run fine if giving it a little gas and letting it build up speed.

If gunned it drops out but then will stab back at speed. Basically bogging or cutting.

I replaced spark plug thinking it fouled during tuning. Not the problem. Rechecked plug and plug check is still perfect. Float is within spec and the float bowl of my mikuni 28 is same size as stock (I thought it might be draining bowl).

Upon riding slightly more I think it is cutting as it switches from pilot to main but plug check is good??????

This makes me wonder if I disconnected TORS correctly, it is 03-06 and I cut both wires behind connector on carb side and throttle side and spliced them yellow and black wire together on both sides.

I thought this was the correct way to do it??????????????

I have heard that the parking brake can be an issue on 03+ but it has been unhooked before by just unplugging at connector and I have never had a problem before so do not believe this is issue.

Any suggestions at this point would help I'm banging my head as to what is wrong.

did you disconnect the tors box also? Drop clip/raise needle to see if that helps. If not better go one notch from start. If not, go to starting posistion and try adjusting air screw 1/8-1/4 turn at a time. I would try richer first.

on the 03/06, disconnecting the TORS is really easy...

there are two THIN wires that go into the CDI box.. these are the TORS wires.

Cut them both.. Ground them both... your engine will now idle but not run above idle speed. you need to disconnect one of the wires from the ground to get it to work.

Disconnect the wrong one, and it wont idle or start

disconnect the right one and it will start, idle and run.

what size main jet is it?

is the clip on the needle held in correctly?

As they said move the throttle needle clip up. Mine did something similar and the issue was my reeds had a chunk missing which I am sure you double checked them....