Help please...

TIAGOSA77

Jan 28, 2008
Portugal
Hi there, I recently had a serious accident and just came back home ,now i´m trying to put the blaster ok. after working on the quad i managed to fix allmost all of the problems except for some choke when i start riding. she works great but in 1 and 2 gear she chokes when i start accelarating, and suddently she blasts full speed. I have my tors removed and oil block off kit and also new k&n filter. What do u think could be the problem?
Thaks in addvance

The reeds aint the problem i´ve allready checked, and do u mean when u ask if its jetted? My tecnical english aint so good...

The jets in the carburetor, what number is your main jet and your pilot jet?

Ok,do a leak test,spray wd-40 around the base of the motor and the head while it's running.

if it bogs or revs up you have an air leak and you need to replace the gaskets.

Ok,do a leak test,spray wd-40 around the base of the motor and the head while it's running.

if it bogs or revs up you have an air leak and you need to replace the gaskets.

if it was an air leak the topend would have already popped......

i would say check your jets........with the pipe and filter u need atleat a 250 main

jets are cheap 4-10 dollars a piece and it take 10mins at most take carb off and the bowl off the bottom and u will see the hex head jet in the middle .take it out put new one in and put all back together and your done

No its not before warming up when in 1 or 2 she goes doesnt accelarate like if its stuck and sudently she looses up and goes full speed. Thats why i crashed because i was changing direction and i had changed the grab grips but the trigger was stuck on them (i know i should have noticed that...)but since she goes a lot slow in the begining i didnt realise it was stuck ,sudently she looses does a whelly and i crashed against a rock. I broke my hipp and my left leg.

I have a quick question. If you are changeing the header for the blaster do you have to do anything to the engine?

man, that sucks tiagosa. hope it don't give u any problems in the future. i know i had surgery on my intestines and it still gives me trouble like a year and a half later.

TITO- a "header" on a 2 stroke is called an "expansion chamber" or more simply, a pipe. yeah, you will probably need to rejet up one or 2 sizes. while ur at it take the airbox lid off and jet up another 1 or 2. do a plug chop and lean it out if necessary.