Help please- Carb/tors mystery part?

pocket

Jun 22, 2010
Southwest PA
Just rebuilt an entire blaster, just about everything is stock. Still has a few bugs to iron out, but it runs nice. The big problem is with the idle, so I started by replacing the tors on top of the carb and cleaning the carb thoroughly. I stopped right now because I found an extra little white washer in the bottom of the gas I was using to clean parts- it is the same one that sits on top of the needle clip, but I just put that back on... so please tell me where else one of those belong. Thanks a bunch to anybody that knows.

I replaced the tors assembly from a donor blaster. Not the brain, just the assembly on top of the carb and the cable. I plan on eventually removing it altogether, but I want to isolate the idle problem first. I hate fixing things and never really knowing what was wrong.

if you took it off the top of the carb then you need to also unplug it from the tors box and throttle. when i baught my blaster it had the tors taken off the carb and it wouldnt idle. i unplugged it from the throttle and tors box and now it idles like a champ. as for your extra washer, i couldnt tell you.

Can't be the main jet washer, I didn't take that out yet. It is identical to the one that is on top of the needle clip. I'm confused.

blastercarb.png

^whoa, thats not what I expected... I have another disassembled carb with 2 little white washers, too. Maybe that's the culprit right there. Its not in the diagram, tho. Would that have the same effect as changing the e-clip's position? Do u use the 2nd notch from the top?

Nope. I started (as the vito's jet kit recommended) on the third position with a white washer on each side of the e-clip. That's actually where I ended up after a jet change to a 300. My mid throttle response is about perfectly linear and roll-on is smooth in the 3rd position so I left it there.

I can guarantee that is where the washer goes. Good job sicivicdude for knowing your blaster, you take that carb apart enough you can do it with your eyes closed. I think that deserves some rep+.