help on starting

Big-Bad-boe

Mar 27, 2012
I know this is a blaster forum but the warrior forum sucks so can anyone help alright it has gas and spark but wont start HELP!!

did you do a compression check? and it may have spark but is the gap ok? might not be enough spark to light. also could it be flooding? maybe a floats stuck. also check and be sure nothing is clogging the exhaust or air filter may also stop it from starting

I know this is a blaster forum but the warrior forum sucks so can anyone help alright it has gas and spark but wont start HELP!!

How do you know it has fuel? You put fuel in the tank or you looked in the carb? Is it backfiring and just not starting? Describe the situation a little more. Here's a good one, is you R/K switch or key turned on? I've tried kicking my blaster for a good 10 minutes a couple times before I remember to switch the R/K switch on. :-[

ive spayed starting fluid in it and the air box is off and it has good compression,....... could it be a wire that is grounding out......the quad has sat for a couple of years then we decide to get it out, we cleaned the carb and it ran fine bet when we put the air box in, it wouldnt start back up, we took it back off and it fired back up,, then we put every thing back on and it ran good for a couple of days and all of a sudden it just shut off and wont fire back up

ive spayed starting fluid in it and the air box is off and it has good compression,....... could it be a wire that is grounding out......the quad has sat for a couple of years then we decide to get it out, we cleaned the carb and it ran fine bet when we put the air box in, it wouldnt start back up, we took it back off and it fired back up,, then we put every thing back on and it ran good for a couple of days and all of a sudden it just shut off and wont fire back up

Kinda sounds like it might have something to do with the air box, could be clogged, coulda sucked some dirt thru it and plugged a jet in the carb. As for checking the wiring, take the plug out, have someone hold it with the electrode against the frame or jug and kick her over and look for a spark...works best in the dark obviously. If there's no spark, then a wire is shorting out. If there is a spark, then you are getting electricity to where you need it. Should then have it narrowed down to fuel, it's just not getting mixed and delivered into the cylinder, seeing how you say you have good compression. Hopefully this is obvious, but make sure they are holding the plug on the rubber boot, otherwise it may be a shocking experience for them....and if it is a guy, make sure his hands are out of his pocket for crying out loud. ;)

Thanks for the help it was just a weak spark plug it had spark but obviously not enough.We bought a new plug and it fired right up. thanks

Thanks for the help it was just a weak spark plug it had spark but obviously not enough.We bought a new plug and it fired right up. thanks

Hmmm, that doesn't really make sense with it starting and not starting with the presence of the air box. Keep an eye on it.