help on mods

Ebay would probably be your best bet, or wait for somebody on here to have one for sale. I might have one up this weekend for ya

is pro circuit any good and what is a good price on a fmf pipe

both of those are better pipes than the DG, and will work good for what you have and do with it

look to pay around $150+ for a used one on ebay

Awk spinning is winning if they cant see threw the roost :) dg no good!!!... and as for the person who said changing filter or.removing the lid or box wont gain any power.. you sir are wrong and need to read up on internal engines before making a statment like that.. i threw the lid away on every blaster iv had... come to think of it.. every atv iv owned! More air and fuel that the motor can burn efficiantly will result in more hp and tq!

ok and one more question my friend has an 1986 lt250r suzuki and he wants to race me do i have a chance???

ok and one more question my friend has an 1986 lt250r suzuki and he wants to race me do i have a chance???

only if you turn his fuel off while he isn't looking :D

btw....when i mentioned suspension above, that didn't necessarily mean high $$$$
banshee shocks are a slight upgrade, and a 400ex rear shock is a huge improvement, watch ebay and both could be had for cheap

should i get a stock or aftermarket 400 ex shock

stock 400ex shock,
yamaha28 does have a good deal, just needs cleaned up a little (which he should have done:eek:)
but you'll also need a set on oconnor racing bushings for the top mount

it's a very simple and very popular mod, theres even a video of how to use the bushings

stock 400ex shock,
yamaha28 does have a good deal, just needs cleaned up a little (which he should have done:eek:)
but you'll also need a set on oconnor racing bushings for the top mount

it's a very simple and very popular mod, theres even a video of how to use the bushings

I didn't clean up the green one...to lazy, but that red one is nice and sparkly now!

mod your head and ports, aftermarket pipe, good uni air filter in the airbox, a set of boyson power reeds, timing adj, rejet rejet rejet, should always run premium fuel aswelll as mix the gas and remove the oil inj. you'll be leavin your old man on his warrior. i do not recommend drilling any holes in your exhaust modding your stock exhaust or running any slip on airfilter without a box over it. these mods are too simple and will gain you 0 hp and will just mess ur sh*t up.
Dont hate, they might mess your sh*t up if you dump it in mud lol
You know what dg stands for right? Dont go
i have a DG and the only thing diff from stock is it looks shineyer
Some power gain can be experienced by fitting a straight through silencer to a stock pipe. The baffles in the stock silencer hinder the air flow.

Running an aftermarket foam filter directly on the carb throat, will give some more power gain on a motor with a stock pipe, as the motor will breathe so much better.

Bear in mind though the above mods will require the change to a larger main jet, and plug chop to get it right.

i need to do a plug chop but i have no idea what to do? any chance you can help me on that?

Awk spinning is winning if they cant see threw the roost :) dg no good!!!... and as for the person who said changing filter or.removing the lid or box wont gain any power.. you sir are wrong and need to read up on internal engines before making a statment like that.. i threw the lid away on every blaster iv had... come to think of it.. every atv iv owned! More air and fuel that the motor can burn efficiantly will result in more hp and tq!

lol again i do not recommend drilling any holes in your exhaust modding your stock exhaust or running any slip on airfilter without a box over it. as i stated i wouldent run a slip on filter. not worth the tine power increase for the chance of anything makin it throw. i know internal engines aswell as riding conditions. run with the airbox and as he menitons a good mod is removing the air box LID!! make sure you mail it too 4cfed so he can throw it away :p guess hes got a pile

Some power gain can be experienced by fitting an aftermarket straight through silencer to a stock pipe. The baffles in the stock silencer hinder the air flow.

Running an aftermarket foam filter directly on the carb throat, will give some more power gain on a motor with a stock pipe, as the motor will breathe so much better.

There is no problem with this simple mod, and no damage will be done, unless you take your bike swimming.

Bear in mind though the above mods will require the change to a larger main jet, and plug chop to get it right.

As to plug chops, get a few new B8ES plugs and some main jets, a couple above and below the main you have in it now.

Start the bike and warm it up to operating temp on the existing plug. Stop the motor and fit a new plug.

Start the bike and ride up through the gears as fast as you can, so that you can ride with the throttle wide open in 5th or 6th gear for as long as 10 seconds, if space available, if not as long as you can safetly.

Pull in the clutch and stop the motor whilst rolling to a stop with the clutch in.

Take out the plug and put the old one in to ride home.

Cut the threaded section off the plug to expose the porclain insulator, there should be a distinct smoke ring of a light brown (biscuit colour) if the main jet is correct.
I personally like mine a little darker, to err on the rich (safe) side.

Do a search for plug chops and you will find many a pic on the ring colour.

Swap the main jet until you arrive at the correct colour, using a new plug each time.

Last edited:
idk ive rode my dads warrior the last couple of days and it moves he has had a lot of work done to it.