help on mods

Porting if you do it yourself, I will get you a few videos on that. Then a new pipe, go with FMF. Getting your head machined for $60 gets you 6-8hp right there. Different gearing gets you some different power. Even just a UNI air filter can help.

You can go with a Uni filter with no lid. Make sure you rejet. A 400ex or Z400 rear shock is real nice. You can try the +4 timing mod. Reeds make a difference in the throttle response .

How much speed could i gain with that or what could i gain my dad has a 350 warrior i would at least like to keep up with him

A good pipe will give you a good increase in power, but not nessesarilary speed, you will have to change sprockets or tyre diameter to gain the speed.

If you get a pipe, unifilter, airbox lid off and a +4 timing advance, and re jet for the mods, you should be able to worry that Warrior a little bit.

If you can do, or can get a port job done, you should be able to worry it a lot.

don't forget suspension, all the power in the world doesn't do any good if it can't be controlled or the bike is faster than the suspension can handle.
i always do shocks first, before motor work.
shocks and brakes will make you faster in the trails/mx track more than more HP. will

even the high HP. drag guys use struts and wheelie bars as suspension mods or all that power cannot be put down.

spinning isn't winning !

You can take off the airbox lid and rejet for a few bucks worth of jets, and it should make a pretty noticable gain in power. Another mod that helped me before I went to an aftermarket exhaust was drilling a hole in the front of the silencer from inside to allow air to flow better. I just used a cordless drill with the biggest bit that would fit in the chuck to reach up inside and drill a hole through the piece that forces the air out into the outer portion of the silencer. I also made a different end cap for the silencer with a bigger outlet. Just make sure that you get all the shavings cleaned out of the silencer if you drill it out.

i say dump the airbox completely, do an open K&N air filter puts less of a strain tryin to get air if u put open air filter be sure to get a prefilter, and dont sink the biotch in water! lol and you will also have to re jet it with any type of change like that

just hooks straight up to the carb

Attachments

• DSCN0998.jpg
    DSCN0998.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 146
Might sound dumb but using gas with a higher octane rating will help your motor run better/more efficiently, especially in blasters. Never use nothing less then premium ( 91 ) and always use fresh gas to prevent the break down and loss of octane ! As mentioned before a good suspension along with a quality tire will allow you to efficiently take advantage of any and all power gains on the trails.

mod your head and ports, aftermarket pipe, good uni air filter in the airbox, a set of boyson power reeds, timing adj, rejet rejet rejet, should always run premium fuel aswelll as mix the gas and remove the oil inj. you'll be leavin your old man on his warrior. i do not recommend drilling any holes in your exhaust modding your stock exhaust or running any slip on airfilter without a box over it. these mods are too simple and will gain you 0 hp and will just mess ur sh*t up.

Some power gain can be experienced by fitting a straight through silencer to a stock pipe. The baffles in the stock silencer hinder the air flow.

Running an aftermarket foam filter directly on the carb throat, will give some more power gain on a motor with a stock pipe, as the motor will breathe so much better.

Bear in mind though the above mods will require the change to a larger main jet, and plug chop to get it right.